Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Help and advice

the process will probably be small claims court. Heard by a clerk or maybe a judge. They have seen it all before and can tell the scammers from the truly deserving people. they can figure them out 15 seconds after they open their mouths.

The greatest thing you have right now is knowledge. You know exactly what you did you know how you did it and you know what you used. After you explain your side, and explain you process, what is he going to tell the mediator " he must of poured oil on the deck "? That just sounds ridicules. He will make himself look stupid because he has no idea what you did or what you are going to say.

And you need to get paid for the job, do not reimburse him.
    Last edited by steven; 07-08-2016 at 03:47 PM.
    Steven Mendez
    http://www.westernmainepressurewashing.com
    Wood restoration,house washing, roof washing, deck cleaning and staining, concrete cleaning.

I would do as has been already mentioned and try to recreate the stain with your mix. If you need to, tell a fib so you can do a test spot. If the customer doesn't want you to try a test, make up a story that you need to see how much of the soap it took so you can prevent it from happening in the future. Do a test using the same mix you originally used. I bet you can't recreate the stain!!! The stain looks like oil.... Looks like another SOB trying to get something for free!!!

Mike
    Michael Heward
    Coastal Cleaning Service
    Serving Central and Southern Anne Arundel County
    Millersville,MD.
    www.coastalcleaningmd.com

Claims Regarding Stain-Resistance: If the Purchaser is making a claim relating to the warranty on stain resistance, Purchaser must do all of the following (in addition to the procedures set forth below for All Claims):
    1. Attempt to clean the affected area of the Product by using the cleaning procedures described above within one (1) week of exposure of the food or beverage to the surface of the Product.
    2. If, after completing step 1 above, the affected area remains reasonably unsatisfactory, then Purchaser must have the affected area of the Product cleaned by a professional deck cleaner at Purchaserís expense.
    3. If, after completing steps 1 and 2 above, the affected area still remains reasonably unsatisfactory, Purchaser may make a claim under this warranty as provided herein, provided that such claim is made within thirty (30) days after the professional cleaning is completed.

This is straight from Azek.
    You have thirty days to make a claim and that is it.
    J.C. Galmiche
    Cajun Cleanin' Powerwashing
    Daphne, Al.
    251-510-9508
    cajuncleanin@mchsi.com
    www.cajuncleanin.com
    Pressure washing Daphne,Fairhope,Alabama.

Squirt
    Go through azek. They merged with timbertech. Timbertech was great with warranty claims but since azek bought them not so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You didn't do that. He spilled grease from a burger or something on the deck after you washed it. If you use a degreaser and the stains lighten up, then someone put oil on the steps. Since you had a bucket of house wash mix and no oil, it wasn't you. Do you have a before picture? I would explain the Azek warranty claim and have him pursue it through them. Invoice him and get paid as proof that it was done within one week of the drips. Be his partner in his claim against Azek and make him shift his focus. I wouldn't get screwed by this guy, which it sounds like you are in the process of being.......
    I would offer to clean the steps again as a show of good faith, but expect your check upon completion.
    North Jersey Softwashing
    Westwood, New Jersey
    201-383-0452
    email: NJSOFTWASHING@OPTONLINE.NET
    www.northjerseysoftwashing.com

Squirt
    I spoke with the owner last night and he wants nothing less then the boards to be replaced. He is impossible to reason with.
    O'Sullivans Pressure Washing
    Rockland County, NY
    845-608-3822

he is bullying you to do what he wants.
    Steven Mendez
    Wood restoration,house washing, roof washing, deck cleaning and staining, concrete cleaning.

Squirt
    Stair boards are the easiest to replace. Simply back the screws out and cut and replace.

Quote Originally Posted by bosully76 View Post
    I spoke with the owner last night and he wants nothing less then the boards to be replaced. He is impossible to reason with.
    I'm pretty sure we have spoken before, give me a call when you have a chance and I'll give you some advice that I won't write on the internet.
    Mike
    North Jersey Softwashing
    Westwood, New Jersey
    201-383-0452
    email: NJSOFTWASHING@OPTONLINE.NET
    www.northjerseysoftwashing.com

Quote Originally Posted by dvatt View Post
    Stair boards are the easiest to replace. Simply back the screws out and cut and replace.

Not the OP's problem.
    Steven Mendez

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast