Thread: Miles & Miles of Sidewalk and curb..

Squirt

Miles & Miles of Sidewalk and curb..

I have Probably close to 10 miles of sidewalk and c/g to clean. I was wanting to see if you guys have any NEW And FRESH techniques for cleaning raw concrete. I am currently using 60/40 chlorine mix with 8gpm machines and 19'' surface cleaners. Are there any new c/g cleaners? Just thought I would throw it out there and see what you think?? Thanks

Cleaning that much surface area would be 26"+ surface cleaners and hot water @3000psi.

I know its probably obvious and I'm missing it.. what is c/g?

C/G is curb and gutter. We use 16 inch surface cleaners with 8 gpm machines. I make the guys go left to right while walking the sidewalks instead of long single lines to avoid stripes. 16 inch usually is closer to the gutters width so one pass with surface cleaner and hey the curb with two passes of turbo nozzle. As far as pricing I know it takes roughly one hour to clean and rinse 300 feet of typical walk/curb/gutter and I plug in my hourly rate per man hour. I guesstimate lengths using Google Earth as most of my properties are not close enough to ride out and bid in person.
    William
    Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter.

https://www.mapdevelopers.com/map_tools.php I use this site for measuring area and distance. Look in the map tools tab

Quote Originally Posted by yourfriendchuck View Post
    https://www.mapdevelopers.com/map_tools.php I use this site for measuring area and distance. Look in the map tools tab
    Now that is a nice tool, thanks for the link Chuck !!

Squirt
    Thanks William, Gota love the Google Earth. I'll try the turbo nozzle.

Scott