Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 12v bypass type delavan pump

12v bypass type delavan pump

from the info ive gathered delavan makes a bypass type fb pump and a demand type (which is what the bandit uses). correct me if im wrong but if you use a bypass type pump you would have to have a regulator and a return line back to your tank and on this type of pump will stay running until you turn it off. wouldn't using this kind of system eliminate the use of an accumulator and and allow you to cut back your flow using the spray trigger and also keep the pump from cycling several times a minute ?
    Thanks
    brent
    Brent Howard
    Southern Indiana Roof Cleaning
    North Vernon, IN

Quote Originally Posted by sirc View Post
    from the info ive gathered delavan makes a bypass type fb pump and a demand type (which is what the bandit uses). correct me if im wrong but if you use a bypass type pump you would have to have a regulator and a return line back to your tank and on this type of pump will stay running until you turn it off. wouldn't using this kind of system eliminate the use of an accumulator and and allow you to cut back your flow using the spray trigger and also keep the pump from cycling several times a minute ?
    Thanks
    brent
    Perhaps, but the short answer is that if it were better for this application than the current pump is, that is the one that Bob would have developed, tested, and brought to market.

Plus, suds. There is a limit to how many time you want to recirculate your roof mix because, suds.
    Hagerstown Pressure Washing contractors
    Full Color Contractor Yard Signs

Tim Fields
    Complete Power Wash
    sign2day.com
    Hagerstown, MD

Right...because Bob says so and that's what Bob sells...have you ever filled up a car wash bucket and stuck the hose at the bottom of the bucket underneath the water ? It doesn't make suds
    Brent Howard
    North Vernon, IN

Quote Originally Posted by sirc View Post
    Right...because Bob says so and that's what Bob sells...have you ever filled up a car wash bucket and stuck the hose at the bottom of the bucket underneath the water ? It doesn't make suds
    I don't think that I'm allowed to call you a dumbass so I won't.
    Hagerstown Pressure Washing contractors
    Full Color Contractor Yard Signs

Tim Fields
    Complete Power Wash
    sign2day.com
    Hagerstown, MD

Why yes it will.

Here are a few more yes answers to anymore questions you may post later as that seems like the only answer you are looking for.

Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    Hell yes
    I'll be dammed if you aren't right again man.
    J.C. Galmiche
    Cajun Cleanin' Powerwashing
    Daphne, Al.
    251-510-9508
    cajuncleanin@mchsi.com
    www.cajuncleanin.com
    Pressure washing Daphne,Fairhope,Alabama.

There are other roof pumps such as the Udor Zeta, John Blue,..etc and also one called the "The Roofster" that uses a bypass,.and yes,..submerging the bypass line will eliminate alot of the suds. I think the biggest issue running a 12V continually could be over heating? I'm not sure about that though??

I don't use 12V. I prefer and use an AODD pump,.for resiliency and infinite flow control,.and no bypass or accumulator needed. But you do need a space hogging compressor.

Really though,..no harm in simply trying it and not worrying what others say will work and won't work. What's the worse that can happen.

Jeff
    Jeff Wible
    Raystown Roof Cleaning
    Serving Central Pa Since 1996
    T.V Commercial

Blog Entries
    The pump internally bypasses so there is no return to the tank. The pump would run all the time which would cause two issues, the pump would overheat and also drain the battery to fast.
    Bob Williamson
    Cleveland, OH

Thank you to those mature enough to provide a legitimate answer to a legitimate question....and if me wanting to learn the most I can about my equipment makes me a dumbass then so be it. I hope you feel smarter now that u showed me where I rank in the intelligence category by not calling me a dumbass.
    Last edited by sirc; 10-11-2016 at 05:00 PM. Reason: in complete sentence
    Brent Howard
    North Vernon, IN

Wait let me go get my popcorn. This might get interesting.
    Diamond Roof Cleaning and Powerwashing
    320 E Collings Dr
    Williamstown NJ 08094
    Owner-Michael DeRose Sr.
    www.diamondroofcleaning.com

and when i mentioned that the bandit used the demand type pump i wasnt meaning any thing bad at all about bobs set up.
    Brent Howard
    North Vernon, IN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast