Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Start Up Questions

Start Up Questions

I'm in the process of starting up my PW business up here in Medford, OR doing mainly house washes and flat work and have a few questions. First of all after doing a lot of research on equipment I've pretty much decided to go with a 3600 psi 8 gpm belt drive washer and a Whisper Wash Classic w/4 nozzles. I'll be hauling it around in my 8 x 4 single axle utility trailer rated at 3000 lbs.

I just got a quote for liability ins from JW Agency at $1200 a year which I think is really high.

What other equipment & advise do you think that I'll need to get started? Any help will be greatly appreciated!
    Gary Twing
    Clean Right Pro Wash, LLC
    Medford, OR
    CleanRightProWash.com

what size water tank you going to use

That's one of the things I was wondering. A 275 gal tank would take up half my trailer and the weight of the water works out to 2299 lbs. I couldn't really go much larger. At 8 gpm that would give me just over 30 mins of wash time not figuring in a hose running in to add water.
    Gary Twing
    Medford, OR
    CleanRightProWash.com

If you think $1200 is a lot for $2million in insurance I presume this is the first time your had your own business.
    A pressure washer can knock out 6 figures in damage in a day easily so a hundred a month to cover that is pretty reasonable.
    Sounds like a good set up are you doing a hot water machine?
    With 8GPM you should be using 1/2 hose and keep in mind it's hard to find non-marking 1/2 so maybe one of each 1/2 and 3/8.
    Rodger Boggs
    Winter Wash
    Rodger@winterwash.com
    720-725-4595
    c/t 303-885-000
    191 University 695
    Denver CO 80216

First time the right way! Actually it's for $1 mil not 2 but I got another quote for $1100 so I guess that'll be the price to pay to cover my butt. Unfortunately I'll have to go with a cold water machine, hot is on my wish list after I get established. Thanks for the tip on the 1/2" hose, I'll keep my 3/8 for my backup Home Depot Dewalt 3750 psi 4 gpm washer that I bought years ago.
    Gary Twing
    Medford, OR
    CleanRightProWash.com

Is a buffer tank absolutely necessary for residential?
    Gary Twing
    Medford, OR
    CleanRightProWash.com

Welcome. Most homes will supply 4 to 5gpm from a hose bib so, If you keep to a 4-5gpm machine, You shouldn't need a buffer tank.

Mike
    Michael Heward
    Coastal Cleaning Service
    Serving Central and Southern Anne Arundel County
    Millersville,MD.
    www.coastalcleaningmd.com

You do not need half inch hose for 8 gpm. Hot water is only necessary if you are going after a lot of concrete or dumpster pad accounts. 50 gallon buffer tank is sufficient for one 8 gpm machine.
    William
    Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter.

I wish i could pay 1200 for general liability. Im almost double and im with jw as well. I second that you do not need 1/2 hose for an 8gpm machine.
    Diamond Roof Cleaning and Powerwashing
    320 E Collings Dr
    Williamstown NJ 08094
    Owner-Michael DeRose Sr.
    www.diamondroofcleaning.com

Yes you definitely need atleast a 200 gallon buffer tank with a 8gpm machine.
    Diamond Roof Cleaning and Powerwashing
    320 E Collings Dr
    Williamstown NJ 08094
    Owner-Michael DeRose Sr.
    www.diamondroofcleaning.com

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast