Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Insurance Recommendations?

Insurance Recommendations?

I currently have Joseph Walters as my liability insurance provider, and I've been very happy with them, but, as everyone probably already knows, they limit you to working on structures 3 stories or less. I'm currently preparing a bid for a 7 story building, with several 6 story buildings to be cleaned later. Can anyone recommend a good company for liability insurance when cleaning taller structures?

I already asked Joseph Walters, and they have nothing in place for coverage on taller buildings, and simply told me they couldn't help me at all with that.

Thank you, in advance, for the help!

The limit for my policy is the same as yours. 3 stories. Hopefully, someone else can chime in.

Mike
    Michael Heward
    Coastal Cleaning Service
    Serving Central and Southern Anne Arundel County
    Millersville,MD.
    www.coastalcleaningmd.com

I would get together with a local Commercial Insurance carrier for more advice on this......I think there are riders that can be applied.
    Pressure Kleen L.L.C.
    Power Washing Service
    Tar-Heel N.C. 28392
    Guy Blackmon 910-876-1594

House Washing Fayetteville N.C.
    Pressure Washing Fayetteville N.C.
    Power Washing Fayetteville N.C.

Thanks for the suggestion...I'll do that next and let you know what I find out.

There are only 7 or eight companies that insure for this type of job. You will need a nonstandard policy and its going to cost you somewhere between $10k and $13k. Jeff at JL Pressure Washing in SC turned me on to his guy who was able to direct me towards a local guy.

And as a heads up.. because I know its tempting to get the insurance and then cancel it if its only one job.. They will hit you for 40% or so of your annual premium as a downpayment and it is not refundable. No standard insurer will add a rider for that height (that I know of)

That's pretty much what I was expecting to hear, though I was hoping to hear different. I have stuck with residential so far, and I enjoy residential and plan to stick with it, but it's hard to say no when the phone rings during the off season! I was viewing this as just a "huge residential job" but I went and looked at it again today and realized that that view is just not realistic.

Thanks for the info though!

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas1 View Post
    That's pretty much what I was expecting to hear, though I was hoping to hear different. I have stuck with residential so far, and I enjoy residential and plan to stick with it, but it's hard to say no when the phone rings during the off season! I was viewing this as just a "huge residential job" but I went and looked at it again today and realized that that view is just not realistic.

Thanks for the info though!
    No problem. William Page (offdutyfireman on this board) or Jeff LeCours at JL would probably be willing to do a little travel for a job of the caliber you messaged me about. Both are capable and nice guys. Jeff you may have to find on Facebook.

I'll definitely let William know about it.....It might be a bit far for Jeff though.

Hi there! I don't have much idea about this. But I think you may search online or read articles online to get the information. Few days back while searching online I also got to know about this site for insurance adjusters and homeowners insurance. Before registering for insurance, make sure to read the insurance policy carefully and then register and also check what are the different coverages that covered under the policy.

Hi there! I don't have much idea about this. But I think you may search online or read articles online to get the information. Few days back while searching online I also got to know about this website(http://allclaimsusa.com/public-adjuster-orlando) for insurance adjusters and homeowners insurance. Before registering for insurance, make sure to read the insurance policy carefully and then register and also check what are the different coverages that covered under the policy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast