Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Dual Remote Downstream Remotes

Hey tireshark, I so much want to answer your questions however, Jeff has been on this a lot and only feel fair letting him respond. He's around here somewhere so give it a little time...

By the way, Welcome to the forum!!!

Mike
    Michael Heward
    Coastal Cleaning Service
    Serving Central and Southern Anne Arundel County
    Millersville,MD.
    www.coastalcleaningmd.com

Quote Originally Posted by coastal1 View Post
    Hey tireshark, I so much want to answer your questions however, Jeff has been on this a lot and only feel fair letting him respond. He's around here somewhere so give it a little time...

By the way, Welcome to the forum!!!

Mike
    Gee,.Thanks Michael, Ha,Ha,..I was actually hoping someone else would answer.

Anyhow,..yes,..that is correct,.it shuts the soap on and off remotely using a solenoid allowing any nozzle to be used for rinsing.

And pertaining to your follow up question. As I stated already in this thread,..it does NOTHING but start and stop the soap,..NOTHING else changes. Use whatever nozzles you want. All the solenoid does is splice into your pickup tube that comes from the injector. And the remote controls the solenoids' open/close function. Very easy to overthink,..but when you put one of these together you'll see how simple it is.

Jeff
    Jeff Wible
    Raystown Roof Cleaning
    Serving Central Pa Since 1996
    T.V Commercial

Any time Jeff, I figured you'd get a kick out of that. Anyhow, I've been doing a lot of testing too. Upgrading my chem draw line to 3/8" is working fantastic. Running the stainless SSS injector with the 2.1 orifice and bypassing the on/off solenoid is kicking some serious a**.

I downstreamed a roof Tuesday which had just a mild case of black algae and the mix whacked it in short order. I was drawing a 70% SH to 30% H2O with elemonator. The beauty part is being able to shoot the roof with the stronger mix and then dial back the injectors draw line ball valve and shoot the siding.

One thing which needs to be pointed out is, the 1/4" solenoid really restricts the flow. When I compared the flow through the 1/4" solenoid versus the straight 3/8" draw line, the 3/8" line flow is much greater. I will be ordering a 3/8" solenoid a give it a spin.

Another thing to keep in mind for those who want to build one of these systems is, DO NOT purchase a stainless solenoid valve unless you can find one constructed from 316ss and even that may be iffy!!! The 304 is not going to handle the SH!!! Go with the plastic...

Mike
    Michael Heward
    Coastal Cleaning Service
    Millersville,MD.

I purchased a led light at wal-mart but it does not blink. Just wondering how to wire the light to remote downstream when pulling soap.

If the led has a positive lead, connect it to the hot wire going to the solenoid and the ground going to ground. If the led doesn't have a positive or negative, just run one wire to the hot wire going to the solenoid and the other wire to ground.

When the hot wire going to the solenoid is energized, your light will come on.

Mike
    Michael Heward
    Coastal Cleaning Service
    Millersville,MD.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678