Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How High Can an AD System Reach?

How High Can an AD System Reach?

I am new here and trying decide what type of system to go with. I am a window cleaner but regularly get asked to clean buildings. I have a few houses lined up but with spring approaching the 4 story condos will start calling too. So I will need to hit at least 40' vertical sooner rather than later.
    I know the 8 gpm system will hit the height I need but I want to know about an air system. Does anyone around here have that knowledge? Air is a lot cheaper and allows for both roof cleaning and soft washing so it seems like a good way to start but not if I can't reach the top.
    Last edited by peakwc; 03-20-2017 at 11:39 PM.

You need a pressure washer to wash buildings and houses.

Plus, if you're going to be doing 4 story condo's, you're going to need a lift in order to be efficient!

Along with a 40' vertical throw, you have to consider wind drift...

You will also need liability which covers 4 stories. Make sure you disclose you will be working that high. My liability is only good for 3.

Mike
    Last edited by coastal1; 03-20-2017 at 11:39 AM.
    Michael Heward
    Coastal Cleaning Service
    Serving Central and Southern Anne Arundel County
    Millersville,MD.
    www.coastalcleaningmd.com

There are 12 volt systems that wash houses so it is not true that a PW is required.
    My insurance will be fine since I clean windows at 60' and have liability insurance for that.
    Last edited by peakwc; 03-20-2017 at 11:47 PM.

You might want to reconsider a pressure washer. What are you going to do when the customer ask if you can clean a patio, walkway, etc... A 12v or air system won't begin to touch that!

Also, how have you come to the conclusion that air is a lot cheaper? Compressing air is expensive.

With the exception that you can apply a stronger mix with a dedicated pump(12v or air) a pressure washer can do everything a dedicated pump system can do however, the reverse is not true.

Just some thoughts to look into.

Mike
    Michael Heward
    Coastal Cleaning Service
    Millersville,MD.

Quote Originally Posted by peakwc View Post
    There are 12 volt systems that wash houses so it is not true that a PW is required.
    My insurance will be fine since I clean windows at 60' and have liability insurance for that.
    You can wash houses with a bucket of soap and an old house broom. But you need a pressure washer to wash correctly.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hagerstown Pressure Washing contractors
    Full Color Contractor Yard Signs

Tim Fields
    Complete Power Wash
    sign2day.com
    Hagerstown, MD

You dont have to have a pressure washer , you should but dont need it , ad system you can wash roofs and buildings just as efficient and with a pw you cant wash a roof i know you can hit some heights with ad not sure how high though talk to one of thw vendors

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Have to respectfully disagree with not being able to wash a roof with a pw. As they come from the factory, no, they won't draw a strong enough mix however, with the correct knowledge and set up, a pw can be used to do roof work.

It's all in the proper chemical injector, nozzles, rpm, chem mix as well as proper gun or lack thereof.

I absolutely agree, a dedicated pump system in most cases is best, it can be accomplished with a pw.

Mike
    Michael Heward
    Coastal Cleaning Service
    Millersville,MD.

Quote Originally Posted by peakwc View Post
    If you say so.

Quote Originally Posted by All_American_Power_Wash View Post
    You dont have to have a pressure washer , you should but dont need it , ad system you can wash roofs and buildings just as efficient and with a pw you cant wash a roof i know you can hit some heights with ad not sure how high though talk to one of thw vendors

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    You will never wash a house with a 12 volt pump as fast as with d/s with a pressure washer.
    Clark Hussey
    AP Surface Solutions LLC
    518-396-0972
    Non-pressure Roof Cleaning Albany NY
    Non-pressure House Washing Albany NY

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast