Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How High Can an AD System Reach?

You are corect about that , but he was not asking about speed he was asking for height and if you are going to want to get into roofs the it woulf be 12v but if you dont want to do roofs it would be well worth it to go the pw route , i personaly love to ds it is quick an easy

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by apsurfacesolutions View Post
    You will never wash a house with a 12 volt pump as fast as with d/s with a pressure washer.
    Or as thoroughly. Kinda like cutting grass with nail clippers
    William
    Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter.

Good information. A little bit of deviation at times so just to clarify, I want to softwash the exterior of 4 story vinyl siding buildings so I wanted know if a good air system will reach and do a good job. Later I could add roofs because I would already have an awesome setup. It seems that nobody is using an air system for anything like that based on the comments thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by peakwc View Post
    Good information. A little bit of deviation at times so just to clarify, I want to softwash the exterior of 4 story vinyl siding buildings so I wanted know if a good air system will reach and do a good job. Later I could add roofs because I would already have an awesome setup. It seems that nobody is using an air system for anything like that based on the comments thus far.
    For me simple is best. Many people like to complicate this business with equipment they don't need. If you want to wash houses or buildings get a pressure washer and get setup for down streaming. You will wash much faster and efficiently than with an air system. Remember time saved is more money in your pocket. Doing four story buildings with either system will require a lift. If at some point you want to get into roof cleaning. Get yourself a Fatboy Bandit system. when I first started in this business, I studied this forum and followed the advice of William and Ken who have been commenting on this thread.
    Clark Hussey
    AP Surface Solutions LLC
    518-396-0972
    Non-pressure Roof Cleaning Albany NY
    Non-pressure House Washing Albany NY

There are 12 volt systems that wash houses so it is not true that a PW is required.
    My insurance will be fine since I clean windows at 60' and have liability insurance for that.
    Ummm did you ask your insurance agent to confirm that? I have window cleaning insurance and is specifically excludes pressure cleaning in the "10% other work".
    Rodger Boggs
    Winter Wash
    Rodger@winterwash.com
    720-725-4595
    c/t 303-885-000
    191 University 695
    Denver CO 80216

And generally people here will help out telling you how do it right. Or how to "pull it off" once or twice while you learn. If your here to stay you'll learn a lot, if you just want to make money once nothing here will help. Read the ENTIRE site before you ask questions and you'll make money.
    It's what I did.
    Rodger Boggs
    Winter Wash
    Rodger@winterwash.com
    720-725-4595
    c/t 303-885-000
    191 University 695
    Denver CO 80216

Including a $3000 used truck I already had I have $20,000 in my start up rig and it isn't awesome it the basic minimum professional rig. I have a window cleaning company so I know your point of view, capital outlay is way higher in this biz than you think. You can rent the equipment which is your best bet. If you can do it and make money with rentals you'll know what it takes. Lifts are 3-600 a day and a hot water trailer is 300 a day at our Landa dealer. DO NOT show up with Home Depot rentals, managers know what kind of people do work that way. Plan on a few days of prep education an extra day for each piece of equipment. Then 3 times the cost on hose, labor and chemical over what you think it will cost.
    Good Luck, and we do mean that. We talk hard but hope everyone succeeds.
    Rodger Boggs
    Winter Wash
    Rodger@winterwash.com
    720-725-4595
    c/t 303-885-000
    191 University 695
    Denver CO 80216

Quote Originally Posted by Rodger View Post
    Including a $3000 used truck I already had I have $20,000 in my start up rig and it isn't awesome it the basic minimum professional rig. I have a window cleaning company so I know your point of view, capital outlay is way higher in this biz than you think. You can rent the equipment which is your best bet. If you can do it and make money with rentals you'll know what it takes. Lifts are 3-600 a day and a hot water trailer is 300 a day at our Landa dealer. DO NOT show up with Home Depot rentals, managers know what kind of people do work that way. Plan on a few days of prep education an extra day for each piece of equipment. Then 3 times the cost on hose, labor and chemical over what you think it will cost.
    Good Luck, and we do mean that. We talk hard but hope everyone succeeds.
    Great stuff. I am for many hours of reading already. And you are correct with the insurance. I have to tell them when I add new services.

Looks like I have secured a 7x14 cargo trailer, now for the pump. So I will go with gas now. The 8 gpm Pressure Pro looks good. How does the Landa skid stack up? Quite a bit more money for sure. Anyone with insight on this?

Lord, I've been away too long..........Sure you can wash a house or building with a 12v or an AD system.....Is it an efficient way of washing....NO.......Will it take longer causing you to "Lose" money......YES.......Does it have the "Impact" pressure to properly wash & rinse whatever you're trying to wash......NO.

Most if not all houses, apartments, condos can be "Soft Washed" with a pressure washer using the downstream method at 300-500 psi.............12v's, AD's, etc, have their place on the truck, but not in this instance.
    Pressure Kleen L.L.C.
    Power Washing Service
    Tar-Heel N.C. 28392
    Guy Blackmon 910-876-1594

House Washing Fayetteville N.C.
    Pressure Washing Fayetteville N.C.
    Power Washing Fayetteville N.C.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast