Thread: Reducing PSI to Surface Cleaner

Reducing PSI to Surface Cleaner

What is a safe way (right way) to reduce the psi to your surface cleaner when cleaning "delicate" surfaces? Change out the nozzles, use a ball valve before the SC, run the PW at a lower rpm?

Thanks!
    Gary Twing
    Clean Right Pro Wash, LLC
    Medford, OR
    CleanRightProWash.com

You should be running a ball valve on the end of your high pressure hoses if your not already. Just dial the ball valve back a bit to reduce pressure.

Brian Custer
    JaxWash Pressure Washing
    Jacksonville, FL.
    www.jaxwash.com
    Brian Custer
    JaxWash Pressure Washing
    Jacksonville, FL.
    904-451-6509
    www.jaxwash.com

I do run a ball valve at the end of my hose, I was just wondering if reducing the flow with it while keeping the washer going full blast would be hard on the washer.
    Gary Twing
    Medford, OR
    CleanRightProWash.com

Nozzles. Dialing back the ball valve will reduce flow. Lots of info on this topic in the forum. Do a few searches and you'll find everything you need to know.
    Robert Tilley, Owner
    Hydro-Works, LLC
    Clemmons, NC
    336-971-2757

I'm running a 3500 psi 8 gpm washer with a Whisper Wash 4 nozzle bar equipped with 4 x 2.5 nozzles. I've got a set of 2.0 nozzles to reduce it down to 2500 psi & 7.5 gpm but I was looking for a way not to have to stop washing when reaching, say a patch of poor concrete, change out the nozzles, clean the patch, unscrew the 2.0's & reinstall the 2.5's. Seems like a lot of work and potential to wear out the expensive nozzle bar. BTW my Classic just about went into orbit when I first used it, gotta get some weights on it to hold it down!
    Gary Twing
    Medford, OR
    CleanRightProWash.com

Quote Originally Posted by gtwing View Post
    I'm running a 3500 psi 8 gpm washer with a Whisper Wash 4 nozzle bar equipped with 4 x 2.5 nozzles. I've got a set of 2.0 nozzles to reduce it down to 2500 psi & 7.5 gpm but I was looking for a way not to have to stop washing when reaching, say a patch of poor concrete, change out the nozzles, clean the patch, unscrew the 2.0's & reinstall the 2.5's. Seems like a lot of work and potential to wear out the expensive nozzle bar. BTW my Classic just about went into orbit when I first used it, gotta get some weights on it to hold it down!
    That's why I say just dial the ball valve back on those type areas. If you are going to do a large area like maybe a large pool deck in questionable condition, I'd take the time to swap nozzles.

Brian Custer
    JaxWash Pressure Washing
    Jacksonville, FL.
    www.jaxwash.com
    Brian Custer
    JaxWash Pressure Washing
    Jacksonville, FL.
    904-451-6509
    www.jaxwash.com

Makes sense, thanks for all the advise guys!
    Gary Twing
    Medford, OR
    CleanRightProWash.com