Thread: Booster Pump Electrical

Booster Pump Electrical

Anyone running a 110 volt booster pump for chemical direct applicator running into tripping breakers on customers homes? From what I have read they pull a lot of juice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would recommend taking your own power with you. The average 110v booster pump will draw approx. 5-8 amps. If the circuit is a 20amp circuit and something else inside the home is drawing 8-10 amps at the same time, your booster pump will have exceeded 2/3 rds. the value of the breaker which in most cases will trip the breaker.

I run a large RV battery to a 3000w inverter in my trailer. If I expect to need more power than what the battery is able to sustain, I take the gen set with me.

JMO, Never pull power from a customers home.

Mike
    Michael Heward
    Coastal Cleaning Service
    Serving Central and Southern Anne Arundel County
    Millersville,MD.

Quote Originally Posted by coastal1 View Post
    I would recommend taking your own power with you. The average 110v booster pump will draw approx. 5-8 amps. If the circuit is a 20amp circuit and something else inside the home is drawing 8-10 amps at the same time, your booster pump will have exceeded 2/3 rds. the value of the breaker which in most cases will trip the breaker.

I run a large RV battery to a 3000w inverter in my trailer. If I expect to need more power than what the battery is able to sustain, I take the gen set with me.

JMO, Never pull power from a customers home.

Mike
    Thanks bud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5-8 amps isn't much and it would take something pretty heavy running inside to cause a 15amp to kick. Just tell the owner it might happen. If it's newer build most likely there is a 20amp exterior outlet by the service panel.
    Rodger Boggs
    Winter Wash
    Rodger@winterwash.com
    720-725-4595
    c/t 303-885-000
    191 University 695
    Denver CO 80216