Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Driveway oil clean

Driveway oil clean

Hi,need some pricing advice. Now before you boys get your boxers in a bunch I'm not asking how to price a driveway. I guess I just need some advice on how to handle this situation.

I got a call from a tree company yesterday asking me if I could come clean a driveway for one of their customers. While taking down a tree the company had left oil stains on the driveway and the homeowner was livid. So over the phone the tree dude told me that the driveway was 60-70 ft long and 8 feet wide. So I give the guy a price over the phone and he haggled and this and that, this is coming out of MY pocket, yadda yadda yadda. The whole time I was thinking, why don't you just fix your trucks so they dont dribble diesel all over everything. So we finally agreed to a price.

So I get to the call, and of course its a rocky, porous driveway, and the oil was from one end of the driveway to the other. And the tree guy told me the dimensions of the driveway, but when I got there it really measured 142X12, not 60X8!!

So what do I do? Suck it up and do it for next to nothing, or do I tell him I need more money?

Before you end up with your panties in a bind, inform the tree dude that he grossly understated the size of the driveway. Keep in mind, if the diesel stain is all the way along the driveway, you will most likely need to pretreat the entire driveway with a weaker mix of degreaser and then spot treat the actual stains with a stronger mix.

If you do the job, make sure you at least wet the entire driveway before tackling the actual stain. Otherwise, you can actually spread the stain to the adjacent areas.

No way I would loose my boxers on that project. Increase your bid or walk away!!!

Mike
    Michael Heward
    Coastal Cleaning Service
    Serving Central and Southern Anne Arundel County
    Millersville,MD.

Yep, what Mike said.
    If the tree guy said anything just look at him and say "It was priced over the phone, how many customers call you and tell you the right tree size on the phone?"
    Rodger Boggs
    Winter Wash
    Rodger@winterwash.com
    720-725-4595
    c/t 303-885-000
    191 University 695
    Denver CO 80216

Thanks, guys. I got an extra $100.00 from the guy. What a shady character! The tree guy also had to pay the homeowner $150.00 for damage he did to her property while pulling the bucket truck in the driveway. He lost his ass on the job, and the customer thinks I'm the greatest thing since sliced bread because I made her driveway look awesome, so all is well!

Good deal. Hopefully you've also acquired an additional client!!!

By the way, what's your name???

Mike
    Michael Heward
    Coastal Cleaning Service
    Millersville,MD.

What's wrong Michael, afraid of calling a female a "chick" and being labeled sexist? Hmmm, of course I could be entirely wrong and pressurewashingchick might not be a chick at all and might be a rooster, then we'd all be labeled something else! So, pressurewashingchick, what's your name?
    Gary Twing
    Clean Right Pro Wash, LLC
    Medford, OR
    CleanRightProWash.com

Nope. Most all of us have a signature. Been offering advice and now its time for a name and signature!!!

Mike
    Michael Heward
    Coastal Cleaning Service
    Millersville,MD.

Come on pressurewashingchick, who are you? Michael's right, you need a signature I'm really surprised you posted 24 times without anyone calling you on it!
    Gary Twing
    Clean Right Pro Wash, LLC
    Medford, OR
    CleanRightProWash.com

I was just trying to edit my profile yesterday because I realized that I never included any personal info about myself on it. So I'm working on that! My name is Suzanne Fearn, my company is "Grime Away...with the Soft Touch"LLC, and I'm in the wonderful state of Alabama! I'm a Libra vegetarian...(just kidding). So, there ya go!! But I really do appreciate all the advice that I've gotten from you guys so far.

Thanks Suzanne. Good to have you on board.... If you've filled in your signature, you will most likely need to log out then back in for it to show.

All the best,
    Mike
    Michael Heward
    Coastal Cleaning Service
    Millersville,MD.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast