Thread: sealer stain

sealer stain

Hello Pros out there! I'm looking for a little direction with what to use here. I couldn't find what I was looking for so I'm asking...the homeowner wants me to see if I can remove these stains from his stamped concrete, he has done some, but has gone at them with a zero degree nozzle (it worked but has taken off the top right off the concrete). He told me it was a sealer called Black Bull, that he got from either Home Depot or Lowe's. Any suggestions to what I could use to remove these stains?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tim Mecum
    Carmi IL 62821
    Clear Choice Pros Inc.
    web clearchoicepros.com
    email clearchoicepros@yahoo

That sealer is really not made for stamped concrete. So the first thing to do is determine if there is is still sealer on the concrete. If there is you will need to strip it off. We use a product called Deco Strip. Apply the deco strip and give it plenty of time to work. Make sure you protect all exposed surfaces. Then start with a 40 tip. And go from there. Once you get the sealer off hopefully the stains will come with it. Then you can reseal.

If there is no sealer on the concrete I don't know what you should try. The stains are very hard to identify from the picture. As a last resort the stamped concrete can be resurfaced and antiqued. I love when home owners call me up and say they messed up their stamped concrete or pavers. I know I'll be smiling all the way to the bank.
    Clark Hussey
    AP Surface Solutions LLC
    518-396-0972
    Non-pressure Roof Cleaning Albany NY
    Non-pressure House Washing Albany NY

thanks for the info, I will give it a try! the contractor that did the concrete had never really done stamped before, and it showed. It wasnt done well at all, you could see areas where they waited to long before they stamped it. After it was all said and done, the homeowner wasnt very happy they chose to go that route with the concrete
    Tim Mecum
    Carmi IL 62821
    Clear Choice Pros Inc.
    web clearchoicepros.com
    email clearchoicepros@yahoo