Thread: How does this work

How does this work

So I just joined this forum a few days ago, signed up got accepted and I submitted my first post, I have not seen it listed on any of the forums, how long before a post is added before I can see a post?

I need help and thought that was why this was created?
    Alan Hamer
    Renew Power Wash
    Tel:.... 888-791-6010
    Cell: 978-866-0526
    alan@renewpowerwash.com
    www.renewpowerwash.com

Welcome. This appears to be your first post. What were you looking for help with?

Sent from my SM-S978L using Tapatalk
    Brian Custer
    JaxWash Pressure Washing
    Jacksonville, FL.
    904-451-6509
    www.jaxwash.com

Welcome to the group Alan but since we don't know what you need help on I would like to take this time to congratulate you on setting up your signature right away, and on your first post too! You do need to redo your image on it though, we can't see what's on your computer.
    Last edited by gtwing; 05-10-2017 at 10:00 AM.
    Gary Twing
    Clean Right Pro Wash, LLC
    Medford, OR
    CleanRightProWash.com

BTW, your posts are instantly shown on the board when you hit Post Quick Reply
    Gary Twing
    Clean Right Pro Wash, LLC
    Medford, OR
    CleanRightProWash.com

What is your question?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    Craig Lightcap
    Good As New Exterior Cleaning
    San Antonio, TX
    https://www.facebook.com/GoodAsNewExterior
    goodasnewexterior@gmail.com

Thanks everyone, I tried to post a couple of questions and nothing showed up, I see now that my last post made it through, I guess there was a lag in getting me approved, sorry to come off a little curt.

My questions basically is about deck cleaning and the PressureTek products. I am fairly new to the business and still learning but I am looking for a better way to clean pt decks. I see the F8 and F10 products are used for wood, but which one has better results? I use my house wash now for wood cleaning, ( soap, water and sh), the soap I get from my local PW supply store. And that is all I use, so if I use the F8 do I also need to use the F10 as well?

Thanks,
    Alan
    Alan Hamer
    Renew Power Wash
    alan@renewpowerwash.com
    www.renewpowerwash.com

F10, (Sodium Percarbonate), is good for wood that hasn't been stained or sealed. F18, (Sodium Hydroxide) is good for stripping oils on wood. F8 is Oxalic Acid, which is used after cleaning or stripping. It will not only brighten the wood, but it also restores the pH to optimum levels before applying stain. As far as which one is better, I suppose they all serve different functions, so it's not an easy question to answer. For me though, I've found less and less uses for sodium percarbonate over the past few years. Even on unsealed wood, I'll typically use bleach, sodium hydroxide, or a combination of the two.
    Troy Stevens, Owner/Crew-Leader of Stelzer Painting Inc.
    Licensed General Contractor
    Licensed Lead-Based Paint Rennovator
    Oregon & Washington
    (503) 515-1768
    http://www.stelzerpainting.com

Thanks Troy, very helpful. So based on your input I will try the F18 and then once I have cleaned off the mildew and old stain etc, the F8 to bring back the clean wood look. Is there a waiting period from when I use the F10 to when I can use the F8?

Thanks,
    Alan
    Alan Hamer
    Renew Power Wash
    alan@renewpowerwash.com
    www.renewpowerwash.com

There's no waiting period. Just thoroughly rinse the F-10 or F-18, and while the wood is still wet, apply F-8.
    Troy Stevens, Owner/Crew-Leader of Stelzer Painting Inc.
    Licensed General Contractor
    Licensed Lead-Based Paint Rennovator
    Oregon & Washington
    (503) 515-1768
    http://www.stelzerpainting.com