Thread: Something New (kinda) and Cool - opinions needed

Something New (kinda) and Cool - opinions needed

I am currently helping a Chiropractor with his marketing - specifically setting up a sign in system to capture emails and mobile ph #'s so he can send out text reminders on auto pilot. He also wants to be able to send out newsletters as well. I will also be doing some of the reputations vids that I make for him.
    I picked up a new system to do all this. As always - I try and think of things these systems can do for the cleaning industry as well. Couldn't come up with much on this one until late last night. The system is basically set up to do things like loyalty programs (no good for us). However - one of the things it can do is send out mobile coupons. Here is my thinking:
    Since we in the cleaning industry are always on the road with our vans, trailers etc, why not use them beyond just the lettering? How? What about putting (in the case of my fellow carpet cleaners) - "text the word carpet99 to 71441" - go ahead and try it as I set up a demo as a scratch off coupon to play around with. This could be put on flyers, cautions signs etc that says "text abcwash to 12345 to get a discount coupon". Cool thing is - it can be in the form of a scratch off (or just a plain coupon) on a mobile phone screen like the demo. At than point ABC Wash can send more mobile coupons every month till they opt out. These coupons can also be shared on Facebook and to other contacts on the end users phones as well. Easy to test with a magnetic sign to start off with - system is cheap as well and easy to use.
    Why mobile coupons? How far is your mobile phone from you now? 2 feet maybe? The open rate of mobile coupons is much higher than email.
    In the past these systems were expensive and clunky - I never had much use for them but they work well now and cheaper.
    So give it a try - text the word carpet99 to 71441 and post your feedback for me at any rate - love to hear your thoughts.
    Yes - no - maybe?

I think I would steer clear of gimmicks. I know the absolute last thing I want is coupons being texted to me, more people calling me, advertisement or trying to collect someone elses info.
    William
    Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter.

Quote Originally Posted by offdutyfireman View Post
    I think I would steer clear of gimmicks. I know the absolute last thing I want is coupons being texted to me, more people calling me, advertisement or trying to collect someone elses info.
    Think of this though - people are used to getting them now - Bed bath Beyond - target - AC Moore - they all use them. I go to my local coffee place and check in with my phone to get a free coffee every 6th purchase and they send me offers for discounts all the time. There is a HVAC outfit that a friend of mine works with that offers discount inspections and tune ups like this - they are killing it so it does work (not for everyone of course). Is somebody is in traffic and they see your rig or a carpet cleaning van etc it takes a moment to send a text for a special - most people know they can easily opt out as well these days.

It may work but do you want to be that guy? I avoid anyplace, Tractor Supply Northern Tool etc, that asks for my number or zipcode. You are not getting a free cup of coffee. You are paying for it with the other 5. If companies would quit all this marketing crap and just work things would go back to normal. If I ever have to advertise or letter my trucks it's time to quit.
    William
    Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter.