Thread: Hood Vent Cleaning

Hood Vent Cleaning

Good morning!

Quick question; is a Landa PGHW5 3500 psi 4.7gpm a good machine to do hood vent cleaning? (I wish...it's been raining for a solid week down here!!) Thx!!

Yep.. That the exact machine I started with doing hood cleaning. My suggestion though is to get trained on this particular niche. You have to get into the vents from the roof and/or access panels to do it properly. There are also techniques for running your plastic to channel wastewater into catch bins. KEC is ugly business and is not a supplemental add-on like doing a driveway on a house wash.

Thanks for the feedback, Ken. My husband is joining me in this particular venue, and we will both be attending KEC school the first of August. We want to be certified and properly insured before we do our first hood clean. And I don't mind getting wet, muddy, and bleachy....I'll sell the kitchen jobs and I'll let HIM get greasy!!!����

Do you still do hood vents, Ken?

What KEC school will you be attending?
    SteamWorks Pressure Washing LLC
    Steamworksservices.com
    info@steamworksservices.com

Pressure Washing Reno, Pressure Washing Sparks
    House Washing Reno, House Washing Sparks

Quote Originally Posted by pressurewashingchick View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, Ken. My husband is joining me in this particular venue, and we will both be attending KEC school the first of August. We want to be certified and properly insured before we do our first hood clean. And I don't mind getting wet, muddy, and bleachy....I'll sell the kitchen jobs and I'll let HIM get greasy!!!����
    hahaha.. that's the way to do it!

I only did KEC for a short bit. Once one of the restaurant managers asked me if I would do his deck and I spent a day in the sunshine on a beautiful property, (versus being in an arctic suit spraying water with a wind chill of ten below at 3 am) it was over.

Oh, right. You're in PA right? I'll stay in LA (lower Alabama) all day long!!