Thread: Downstream F-10?

Downstream F-10?

A friend of mine has been bugging me to wash his wooden siding. I told him I have never washed wooden siding before but he still wants it done. So my question is can I downstream F-10 to clean wood siding, then downstream F-8 to neutralize? He is not going to stain it. Ive done lots of reading just cant get the answers I need. Or can I just downstream my housewash mix (SH)at a stronger ratio? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by marco1 View Post
    A friend of mine has been bugging me to wash his wooden siding. I told him I have never washed wooden siding before but he still wants it done. So my question is can I downstream F-10 to clean wood siding, then downstream F-8 to neutralize? He is not going to stain it. Ive done lots of reading just cant get the answers I need. Or can I just downstream my housewash mix (SH)at a stronger ratio? Thanks!
    I suppose you could. I would use an xjet m5 with 1:10 or maybe 1:5 proportioner if 1:10 doesn't do it. Be cautious that you don't cover too much area that you can handle in a short time rinsing at 500-800 psi. Sounds like it would save some time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    Lee Jordan
    Seadrift Lawn & Home Services, LLC
    www.seadriftlawnandhome.com
    seadriftlawnandhome@gmail.com

Sodium percarbonate is a slow mold killer so if there is mold, go with the housewash mix DS'd. If its heavy mold, even that may be too weak. If you go the F-10 route, it needs to be direct and no need to neutralize. It will over whiten the wood.

Quote Originally Posted by pressurepros View Post
    Sodium percarbonate is a slow mold killer so if there is mold, go with the housewash mix DS'd. If its heavy mold, even that may be too weak. If you go the F-10 route, it needs to be direct and no need to neutralize. It will over whiten the wood.
    No need to neutralize after f10 and 500-800 psi rinse?

Lee Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Jordan View Post
    No need to neutralize after f10 and 500-800 psi rinse?

No, Lee. Once sodium percarb is water rinsed and inactivated.. the wood is pH neutral.
    If the customer were staining with an oil, then you would want the wood slightly acidic and would be prudent to follow with F-8.

Quote Originally Posted by pressurepros View Post
    No, Lee. Once sodium percarb is water rinsed and inactivated.. the wood is pH neutral.
    If the customer were staining with an oil, then you would want the wood slightly acidic and would be prudent to follow with F-8.
    Oh. That's what I thought
    I didn't know it was neutral after sodium percarbonate. I have always been doing f-8

Lee Jordan