Thread: Concrete sealing

Concrete sealing

Good Morning! I have a customer who's husband had a bad experience with a pressure washing company years ago. This particular company blew mortar out of brick and did damage to concrete driveway (just used way too much pressure). Anyway, the mold is taking over this house so badly that one of the kids slipped down by pool and the wife slipped down in the driveway; all because everything is covered with mold! And this is a beautiful home! brick retaining walls all over, gunite pool, long circular driveway...and everything is literally green! So, the customer tells me I can clean it, but I have to be prepared to seal it immediately after cleaning. I've never sealed concrete after cleaning it. I talked to a homebuilder friend of mine, and he said that he flat out refuses to do that. He said that it makes concrete even more slippery. I was just wondering if anyone out there has ever run into anything like this. Customer was going to buy the sealant, and it costs $209.00 for every 1000 sq. ft. That seems very expensive! I'd appreciate any words of wisdom!
    Suzanne F.
    Grime Away...with the Soft Touch!
    Lower Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by pressurewashingchick View Post
    Good Morning! I have a customer who's husband had a bad experience with a pressure washing company years ago. This particular company blew mortar out of brick and did damage to concrete driveway (just used way too much pressure). Anyway, the mold is taking over this house so badly that one of the kids slipped down by pool and the wife slipped down in the driveway; all because everything is covered with mold! And this is a beautiful home! brick retaining walls all over, gunite pool, long circular driveway...and everything is literally green! So, the customer tells me I can clean it, but I have to be prepared to seal it immediately after cleaning. I've never sealed concrete after cleaning it. I talked to a homebuilder friend of mine, and he said that he flat out refuses to do that. He said that it makes concrete even more slippery. I was just wondering if anyone out there has ever run into anything like this. Customer was going to buy the sealant, and it costs $209.00 for every 1000 sq. ft. That seems very expensive! I'd appreciate any words of wisdom!
    V-seal 101. It's about 1000 sq' for five gallons and will cost $250 shipped. It has mold / algae inhibitors and does not make it slippery. Good product, sell your customer on it. Very easy to spray on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Wash Wizards
    Here Today, Clean Tomorrow!
    Chris Dubbs
    Fishers In.

Thx Chris! I appreciate it! I guess all that stuff is kinda expensive. I measured her driveway and it totals right about 9,000 sq ft. Yikes!!
    Suzanne F.
    Grime Away...with the Soft Touch!
    Lower Alabama