Thread: 60,000 sqft Commercial Bldg

Squirt

60,000 sqft Commercial Bldg

Hello all. I have been reading and reading here on the site and I've learned a ton. Thanks to all the contractors for sharing what they know. I am a start up service in Morehead City, NC. I have been pressure washing for about a year. I currently have a 3.5/3000 pump, but will be upgrading to a 5.5/2500 soon. I have been washing resi houses and a few decks. I have been offered a large commercial building job through a friend who knows the owner. The owner is an influential person in my area and could lead to other jobs should I do a good job. The building is actually 2, one is 32000 sqft, the other is 22000 sqft. The front of the buildings are painted block while the rear 4/5 of the buildings are metal. Walls about 12-15ft tall. I am having trouble coming up with a number for this bud due to never having done a job this large. Just looking for thoughts, comments or concerns. I know there are alot of personal variables concerning my company needs (financial), work speed, equipment and available help, but just need some guidance on this one. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dave
    Hook N Ladder Exterior Cleaning Solutions
    Morehead City, NC

You might consider going with a 8 gpm washer, well worth the extra $ over a 5.5. Besides speeding up your residential jobs you'll need it for the commercial job you're talking about.
    Gary Twing
    Clean Right Pro Wash, LLC
    Medford, OR
    CleanRightProWash.com

Squirt
    Hey, thanks for the reply. I would love to get a 8gpm machine but I am planning on using the same motor and just replacing the pump for now. Do you think the 5.5 will be able to handle the large building? How long do you think it'll take? I'm still new to the scene