Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dead vines stuck on vinyl siding

Dead vines stuck on vinyl siding

Cleaned a house yesterday that had vinyl siding and one side had the remains of dead vines stuck on it. It had been dead a while but the remains were very stuck on the vinyl. Customer wants it off. Anybody know what I can use to get it off? Is there any kind of acid that would be safe on vinyl but eat off the dead remains? I tried oxilac and that did nothing.
    Mark Johnson
    Pro-XCL, LLC
    Winston Salem, NC
    proxclinfo@gmail.com

Been covered here before. They are embedded in the surface. Best to tell customer up front they will not come off. Then if any of it does theyíll be happy. Scraping or sanding is about the only way. Avoid the headache in the future.
    Robert Tilley, Owner
    Hydro-Works, LLC
    Clemmons, NC
    336-971-2757

Gotcha, forgot to do a search before posting......it was late and I was sleepy lol.
    Mark Johnson
    Pro-XCL, LLC
    Winston Salem, NC
    proxclinfo@gmail.com

put straight 12% on it you may get lucky and the chemical will soften it up and come off easily, then again it might not

Got 100% of the vines off. My local SH supplier hooked me up with some kickass degreaser......yes degreaser. I doubted him when he told me it would work, but sure as heck after spraying it on and letting it dwell for about 10 mins I hit it with a red scotch brite pad and it all scrubbed off. It took a little elbow grease, but very light pressure, no intense hard scrubbing or sanding. Kinda blew me away. No trace of vines left, very happy homeowner....and a nice trick up my sleeve in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by proxcl View Post
    Got 100% of the vines off. My local SH supplier hooked me up with some kickass degreaser......yes degreaser. I doubted him when he told me it would work, but sure as heck after spraying it on and letting it dwell for about 10 mins I hit it with a red scotch brite pad and it all scrubbed off. It took a little elbow grease, but very light pressure, no intense hard scrubbing or sanding. Kinda blew me away. No trace of vines left, very happy homeowner....and a nice trick up my sleeve in the future.
    Iím surprised. But very glad that it worked for you. Thanks for reporting back.
    Robert Tilley, Owner
    Hydro-Works, LLC
    Clemmons, NC
    336-971-2757

What was the brand of degreaser?
    Gary Twing
    Clean Right Pro Wash, LLC
    Medford, OR
    CleanRightProWash.com

Wow.. a degreaser and a scotch brite pad. How did the siding look when dried? No marring?

It wasnít a particular brand, just a very high strength alkaline cleaner my chemical supplier whipped up for me. I have no idea whatís in it other than that itís pink. Sorry I donít have any other info on it. And no there was no marring. Vinyl looked great afterwards.

Great to hear that is easy to remove with a degreaser.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast