Thread: Upgrading Equipment

Upgrading Equipment

Hi everyone, started my pressure washing business last year in Sept. It's really taken off this past season and I'm looking to upgrade my equipment. I have a 3200 psi Simpson 2.5gpm now and a 15" Simpson SC. I am thinking about going hot water and getting into commercial accounts. There's only about 4 other companies locally that offer hot water powerwashing. I want to focus in storefronts mainly as there are a few chains locally that have multiple locations with gum everywhere. I'm looking at getting a 12-14' enclosed trailer and around a 4gpm 4000psi hot water pressure washer. Also would like to get a 200 gal buffer tank. From what I read, at gpm a buffer tank isn't needed (we have hose bibs on all the houses) but I'd like one for when I do commercial. Over the past yr I've done residential houses, patios, decks, and RVs. I've used Krud Kutter siding detergent and am still reading up on SH mixing. Further, as I read more about soft washing, can I used a larger skid style machine 4gpm 4000psi and just have a different tip for the nozzle with a larger orfice for lower pressure? I see that some also use a dedicated pump for soft washing. Roof cleaning is another option, many dirty roofs in Northern NY and not many guys wash em. From what I read, roof cleaners have a dedicated 12v pump for roofs due to stronger SH solutions being run for roofs. Any advice you can give would be great! Thanks!

Tyler
    Hiflow Pressure Washing

Asked & Answered.......If you're expanding your business then you must expand your equipment.......4 gpm is slow an inefficient.......move to 5.5-8 gpm, at least 325 gal buffer tank.............do more reading.
    Pressure Kleen L.L.C.
    Power Washing Service
    Tar-Heel N.C. 28392
    Guy Blackmon 910-876-1594

House Washing Fayetteville N.C.
    Pressure Washing Fayetteville N.C.
    Power Washing Fayetteville N.C.

Thanks. Reading more every day
    Hiflow Pressure Washing
    Western NY
    www.facebook.com/hiflowpressurewashing

You will be smiling with a move to 5.5 gpm, and you will do back flips if you try an 8 Gpm. Either of these machines will be leaps and bounds faster than what you are used to. I will advise you to read this forum until you really understand the business. Don't rush out and buy what you think you need, or you will constantly realize you should of bought something different. Once you have a good grasp on all the equipment post on this forum, you will have a better idea of what you need.
    RJ242
    Northeastern NC
    Full-time LEO / Part-time PWer
    WWW.randyjonespressurewashing.com