Thread: Small scale water tank idea to beat low water pressure from house. Will it work?

Squirt

Small scale water tank idea to beat low water pressure from house. Will it work?

Hey all.

Iíve recently moved back from overseas and am starting up my business again. I donít have nearly the time to devote to washing houses as I used to so i will only be doing residential jobs running off the houses water supply. I run a 4 GPM machine and have noticed it hogging down and having fluctuating pressure due to a lack of water intake. My idea is VERY small scale I know but for my foreseeable future would be all I need to function effectively (if it works). My idea is to rig a 5 gallon jug with a Hudson valvbe on the top and a bulkhead on the side as low as possible. This would be fed with house water supply and would be positioned a few feet from the pump. The idea is to have a small supplement to the house water supply that will basically always be refilling when the trigger is not being pulled, but would help cover the 1/2-1 GPM shortage the house provides. Has anyone tried something similar or what do you guys think of the idea, other than I should get a larger tank. Iím trying to keep it small. Thanks for the input.

Kyle
    Kyle's Pressure Washing & Gutter Cleaning
    Vass North Carolina

I'd rather be smoking insurgents!!

Hudson will take up to much room in a bucket but they make toilet style floats. My first machine had a three gallon tank with toilet float
    William
    Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter.

It may be marginal, but definitely worthwhile. The main benefit beside a little extra breathing room on supply is that you route your unloader to it to keep the water cool and that will add many hours of life to your pump.

ebay has many rv tanks of different descriptions that would work well.
    Hagerstown Pressure Washing contractors
    Full Color Contractor Yard Signs

Tim Fields
    Complete Power Wash
    sign2day.com
    Hagerstown, MD

Squirt
    Thanks for the input. I went with the Hudson valve because it has less moving parts to break or malfunction. Plus the video I saw of it in action was impressive. If it takes up too much room I’ll get a bigger tank I guess. I’ll let you guys know how it turns out.
    Kyle's Pressure Washing & Gutter Cleaning
    Vass North Carolina

I'd rather be smoking insurgents!!