Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Downstreaming nozzle sizes

Quote Originally Posted by cajun cleanin View Post
    I run 250 ft of hose and the downstreamer is in the last 100 ft.so it mostly close by.

If you try one you will get leave all the sized nozzles u have on the trailer.

I carry 4 nozzles in a nail bag on me A black tip a yellow tip this tip and and a m5 xjet.Before this I used the m5 for rinsing but this tip will twist out to very wide and low pressure all the way to straight stream and 3 stories of reach.It's not like the twist nozzles I've used before that were really weak.
    So let me tell you the scenario of my setup that I'm thinking of doing, and tell me how you think it would work compared to yours please. First of all I have a 3000 psi at 5.5 gpm unit. I will attach 200-250 ft of pressure hose and use the m5 nozzle. About 100-150 ft from the wand I will attach a downstream injector mounted on a 15 gal wheeled chemical tank. To rinse I can either pull the draw hose or get Bob's bypass kit. Do you believe this setup will work in comparison to yours?

-Trent
    North West Exteriors
    Pride in your Property is my Priority!
    Trent Field
    North West Exteriors

Squirt
    Quote Originally Posted by TrentF View Post
    So let me tell you the scenario of my setup that I'm thinking of doing, and tell me how you think it would work compared to yours please. First of all I have a 3000 psi at 5.5 gpm unit. I will attach 200-250 ft of pressure hose and use the m5 nozzle. About 100-150 ft from the wand I will attach a downstream injector mounted on a 15 gal wheeled chemical tank. To rinse I can either pull the draw hose or get Bob's bypass kit. Do you believe this setup will work in comparison to yours?

-Trent
    North West Exteriors
    Just my opinion, which might not be valuable to you as I'm a complete rookie, with only a month under my belt. I just set-up the GP High Draw Kit and By Pass Kit from Bob, and just my opinion, but your doing way too much work by installing the ds injector 100 feet from your gun, and also having to have a chem cart. I installed mine right at the outlet of the pump. Actually after the second down stream injector. My factory one has funny threads threading into the pump, so I just capped it off, and used quick connects to connect my new down stream injector to the old one. My chem tank is in the bed of the truck, and I had no need to mount it 150 feet down my hose.

With that said, again, mine is the GP High Draw, 200 foot of GoodYear hose, and everything in the bed of the truck. My kit is even installed before my 2 stainless hose reels. I'm using a 4 gpm / 4,200 psi, and I'm drawing unbelievable and copious amounts of soap.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHouseWash View Post
    Just my opinion, which might not be valuable to you as I'm a complete rookie, with only a month under my belt. I just set-up the GP High Draw Kit and By Pass Kit from Bob, and just my opinion, but your doing way too much work by installing the ds injector 100 feet from your gun, and also having to have a chem cart. I installed mine right at the outlet of the pump. Actually after the second down stream injector. My factory one has funny threads threading into the pump, so I just capped it off, and used quick connects to connect my new down stream injector to the old one. My chem tank is in the bed of the truck, and I had no need to mount it 150 feet down my hose.

With that said, again, mine is the GP High Draw, 200 foot of GoodYear hose, and everything in the bed of the truck. My kit is even installed before my 2 stainless hose reels. I'm using a 4 gpm / 4,200 psi, and I'm drawing unbelievable and copious amounts of soap.
    You should remove the first downstreamer.

Squirt
    Quote Originally Posted by pressurepros View Post
    You should remove the first downstreamer.
    I really should. I think I agree with your statement, because I looked at it myself, and I can't see how it is not limiting flow. But I for the life of me can't find anything that threads into the back of that pump locally. The factory ds injector plugs straight into the pump, has a little o-ring on it, and some kind of metric 20 threads. I'm kicking around the idea of ordering an adapter for it from someone like fastenal, but then again I'm not sure I even have the right pitch for it. I'd hate to just start ordering random threaded adapters.
    Mr. House Wash
    Covering Houston and Austin, Tx

Squirt
    This is the unit I have on the truck.

https://factorypure.com/products/sim...caAlGDEALw_wcB

Along with two 200 foot GP reels, and 200 foot of hose. I feel like I would have more flow by removing that first ds injector, but like I said I haven't put my hands on anything that threads into the pump. Cat says it's a Metric 20.1, I believe is what I was told. Haven't had any problems yet though. Pulls soap hard using a 13 gpm gun.
    Mr. House Wash
    Covering Houston and Austin, Tx

I can't see anything on the link but my concern would be, downstreamers go before any other part of the machine. If you are out in the field and it decides to malfunction, you're f'd.

I use 5 gal buckets because most houses aren't going to take 15 gals of soap, at least not for me. The buckets are easy to move around.The 15 gal cart just seems awkward and a chore to deal with.
    What I found with my downstreamer close to my machine was I went through them like crazy because of the water hammer, just like the guy with the broken one inline.
    I get months out of them now and you will have to play with the flow sizes to get a downstreamer to pull thru 250 ft of hose so I think you are taking an 8 gpm machine and turning it into a 5 gpm machine at that point until you remove the downstreamer.
    I have to remove the bleach pickup to rinse with the twist nozzle but if I rinse with the ms xjet I don't have to.
    I have to walk back and forth a lot less than it would seem as most houses I do I'm going to be bleaching at least half of it at a time and that also allows the bleach and soap to dwell before rinsing.
    J.C. Galmiche
    Cajun Cleanin' Powerwashing
    Daphne, Al.
    251-510-9508
    cajuncleanin@mchsi.com
    www.cajuncleanin.com
    Pressure washing Daphne,Fairhope,Alabama.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12