Thread: Combine cleaning

Combine cleaning

Who all have been doing on site combine cleaning. Are you all charging hourly or per unit? The market for this in my area has really started to pick up for us. Do any of you blow out all the compartments before you start the wash off? Do any of you 2-step the outside of the combine? Just looking for better and quicker ideas and approach to cleaning these monsters. It is taking us about 3.5 hrs to clean just one. Just looking for a different approach to help speed the process up. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!
    Greg Lyall
    Cleaner Image Pressure Washing
    Buffalo Ky. 42716
    270-405-6522

I have cleaned quite a few cotton pickers and combines of our own and quite a few payed cleanings. You will want to spend 2x amount of time blowing material off of machine before water ever touches it. Also take every shield off machine as possible before you start blowing it off with air hose or backpack blower. We try to blow ours off in the field before every rain or it will make a build up material or chaff 10x harder to clean. Most people will not blow them off until they are finished for the year. Also be careful 2 stepping.....these newer machine have plastic type shields for the outer covers of the machine.....if your 2 step is too strong you will put streaks into the paint. Give me a call for any other question. 731-780-4334

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea we are not 2 stepping them at all. Like you said, all the new machines out have a lot plastic on them . Are you guys using a de-greaser to spray the entire machine down then do a rinse. I find is having to brush a lot more than we want. Wish I knew if that STW-75 soap was still around or available. Stuff worked like magic on trucks I was told. I need to find a better cleaner that will break the corn dust up and loosen it from the body!!

Prestige Member
    Super great work on those combines for sure.
    Hal Brown
    Sophia Nc 27350
    www.AbvPressureWashing.com

Hal.......Can a guy still get the STW-75 Powder??? If so, Please tell. Thanks!!
    Greg Lyall
    Buffalo Ky. 42716
    270-405-6522

Prestige Member
    Not sure about that any good truck soap would clean those very well i would think.
    Hal Brown
    Sophia Nc 27350
    www.AbvPressureWashing.com

Ok.....thanks Hal.
    Greg Lyall
    Buffalo Ky. 42716
    270-405-6522

Not to many of them things around here!
    Art Oliveri
    Holbrook N.Y.
    www.LongIslandRoofWashers.com