Thread: How much Butyl to ad in a deck stripping mix

Super Helper Member

How much Butyl to ad in a deck stripping mix

Hello guys itís been a LONG time since Iíve posted and I hope you are doing well. Iíve got a deck coming up that has Olympic Maxim semi transparent Oil/acrylic stain on it. Iím going to be using HD80 to do the stripping but Iíd like to boost it with butyl. I know Ken and Charlie and Shane have had great success boosting it this way. So my question is whatís a good starting point for the boost ratio? And if there is a new way to get this crap off. Thanks in advance Jason
    Jason Quick
    Quick's Power Washing
    Bloomington,Indiana
    www.quickspowerwashing.co

Super Helper Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quick Power Wash View Post
    Hello guys it¬’s been a LONG time since I¬’ve posted and I hope you are doing well. I¬’ve got a deck coming up that has Olympic Maxim semi transparent Oil/acrylic stain on it. I¬’m going to be using HD80 to do the stripping but I¬’d like to boost it with butyl. I know Ken and Charlie and Shane have had great success boosting it this way. So my question is what¬’s a good starting point for the boost ratio? And if there is a new way to get this crap off. Thanks in advance Jason
    Never mind a found a old thread where Shane says how much.
    Jason Quick
    Quick's Power Washing
    Bloomington,Indiana
    www.quickspowerwashing.co

Jason, I actually found a better way. Mix the HD-80 at 10 oz per gallon and apply direct. theprosealerstore.com sells a downstreamable stripper that you then apply over top a couple times to keep it wet with chem for 30 minutes. Will mely off even stubborn acrylics. Use an adjustable wand so you can keep plants and windows wet while you are doing the downstreaming.