Thread: X-Jet Hose Length (Modifying an X-Jet System)

Squirt

X-Jet Hose Length (Modifying an X-Jet System)

I know it's a matter of personal preference, some say x-jetting is a waste of time when you can downstream. However, I want to devote this entire post to modifying my x-jet and I'm looking for valuable ideas. I am now set-up for down streaming and x-jetting. Let me give my opinion first. I recently got set-up for down streaming, and fell in love with it. The hype isn't a lie, it is truly faster and much easier carrying only one hose and the gun. Problem is, the majority of neighborhoods I'm booking customers are smaller 2-story houses, brick on bottom, siding on top. The siding is literally dark, dark black areas. Yesterday for example, I tried down streaming with two different mixes. Both worked, however, took repeat applications even on the stronger mix. I went and grabbed the x-jet, and one covering got it. So all in all, I conclude, I hate the x-jet an carrying a bucket around (in my case I'm using a 12 gallon cooler on wheels.) I hate it. Inefficient and slow. With that said, down streaming is much more efficient on houses that aren't bad, but that isn't the case here. I live by the cost and some houses are covered in mold literally.

With that said, I give up carrying the cooler and bucket. I watched videos of the x-jet drawing 100 foot hose perfect. So my question is. Nearly every neighborhood I work, exactly 150 feet of hose wraps the entire house. I've seen the videos with 100 foot working, will 150 feet work with the x-jet before I waste my money on vinyl hose?

My idea, I'm mounting a 75 gallon Chem tank on the bed of the truck. This will give me enough to wash several houses a day. I'm going to run a little weaker mix with the x-jet (1.75-2 gallons 12%) per 5 of total mix. I want to pull my pressure hose all the way off the reel. Then combine the x-jet hose and the pressure hose using zip ties and some wrap holding them together.
    I want to have a few extra feet running off the hose reel, to run the x-jet hose to the chem tank. And on the gun end, just enough slack to connect the x-jet hose and pressure hose. Then obviously install a valve right next to the gun.

That way all I have is one hose coming off the truck, turn the valve chemicals on, turn it again, chemicals off.

The question is will it work with 150 feet before I waste my money? I'm betting yes.

I currently run an x jet from a 15 gal drum mounted on hand trucks pulling from a 20ft hose. It is a hassle but I like the fact that no chemical is running through all my hoses and attachments. It sounds like a great idea. I hope it works if you decide to go through with it. Post your results if you do.

-Trent
    North West Exteriors
    Pride in your Property is my Priority!
    Trent Field
    North West Exteriors
    Pride in your Property is my Priority!

If that 150ft of hose with housewash in it come apart or you drag a hole in it you will be back in the landscaping business laying sod over their dead grass.

Your soap isn't good or your bleach is to weak.

Dry downstreaming straight 8 to 12 % with a good soap in it on those house and see what happens.Your doing something wrong either in your mix or your soap is crap.

Also test your draw rate thru your downstreamer to see if it is pulling the right ratio.
    J.C. Galmiche
    Cajun Cleanin' Powerwashing
    Daphne, Al.
    251-510-9508
    cajuncleanin@mchsi.com
    www.cajuncleanin.com
    Pressure washing Daphne,Fairhope,Alabama.

Squirt
    Quote Originally Posted by cajun cleanin View Post
    If that 150ft of hose with housewash in it come apart or you drag a hole in it you will be back in the landscaping business laying sod over their dead grass.

Your soap isn't good or your bleach is to weak.

Dry downstreaming straight 8 to 12 % with a good soap in it on those house and see what happens.Your doing something wrong either in your mix or your soap is crap.

Also test your draw rate thru your downstreamer to see if it is pulling the right ratio.

Had to run the x-jet again today, down streamer and all my parts won't be here until Saturday. Used clamps and a brand new line, 150 feet and x-jet pulled it through like nothing.

Just like J.C stated. Your SH sounds like it is weak. Either your supplier has some old SH your buying or your not getting the right ratio DS'ed with your set up. I very seldom ever have to go more than 2 gallons of SH per five gallons of mix. Takes Mold, algae, and the whiskey Fungus right off. Only time I ever get the X-Jet out and use is when we are cleaning Stucco/dryvit or any thing really pourus. Packing around a 5 gallon bucket of mix all the time sucks!! Plus it kills everything it touches if you spill it. Been there.......Done that!!!
    Greg Lyall
    Cleaner Image Pressure Washing
    Buffalo Ky. 42716
    270-405-6522

Squirt
    Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Just like J.C stated. Your SH sounds like it is weak. Either your supplier has some old SH your buying or your not getting the right ratio DS'ed with your set up. I very seldom ever have to go more than 2 gallons of SH per five gallons of mix. Takes Mold, algae, and the whiskey Fungus right off. Only time I ever get the X-Jet out and use is when we are cleaning Stucco/dryvit or any thing really pourus. Packing around a 5 gallon bucket of mix all the time sucks!! Plus it kills everything it touches if you spill it. Been there.......Done that!!!

Surge, you missed my other post reffering to the shipment I just received from Bob. Got it all lined out now, Elemonator, and Down Streaming like a pro! Once I got it running right it felt like I just caught on to it quickly. The same thing happen when I switched to Stand On Zero Turns, it came naturally. A lot of good info here, I'd defiantly say DS and Professional Soap makes all the difference in the world. I do have to say my J-Rod was a game changer too!

Now I got the equipment down pay, you may have to catch me over in the marketing forum next, I got some educating to do over there for myself now. lol