Thread: How to attach a down stream injector?

Squirt

How to attach a down stream injector?

So I ordered a GP High Draw, along with a bypass kit from Pressure Tek. Haven't got it yet, but I have a quick question.

How in the world do I get it hooked up to the pump? My pressure washer is a Simpson alh4240 (4 gpm / 4,200 psi). Temporarily I'm trying to get by with a northern tool injector that I've found nearly impossible to attach properly.

So my pump from the factory has a down stream injector on there with a 3/8 outlet to plug in my pressure hose. However, when I remove this injector, and try and install the northern tool one, it won't fit. No problem, so I figure I'd run to lowes, northern tool, or Home Depot. No-one has anything that will screw in and allow me to convert it to a different thread.

I called CAT, and apparently the thread size is a Metric 20.1. With that said, I can't find anywhere local that has what I need to convert it from a m20 to my injectors thread size?

The only way I've been able to install the northern tool injector is add a 3/8 female qc fitting, and plug it into the factory chemical injector so there's two chemical injectors on there. Obviously that isn't going to fly, so what's next?

Any ideas?

Squirt
    Quote Originally Posted by dambro3 View Post
    do you have pics?
    Hey bud I was going to update with a photo but I figured it out myself. I just capped off the built in injector. Still couldn't get the GP High Draw to work, turned out I had the wrong tips in! Pulls awesome now!