Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Dish Soap Slowing Me Down?

Squirt

Is Dish Soap Slowing Me Down?

I have another quick question. I just started out, I have (5) gallons of Elemonator on the way, but it's still in shipment. My question is, my first few houses it's been taking FOREVER to rinse brick homes. I know part of this is due to be starting out with a 4 gpm machine, and not having an 8 gpm. But I'm wondering if the soap would have anything to do with this? I've been using dish soap (mostly green gain) to get by until I could get the (5) gallons of Elemonator here. Is the dish soap taking me to rinse longer than a professional prouduct?

Quote Originally Posted by MrHouseWash View Post
    I have another quick question. I just started out, I have (5) gallons of Elemonator on the way, but it's still in shipment. My question is, my first few houses it's been taking FOREVER to rinse brick homes. I know part of this is due to be starting out with a 4 gpm machine, and not having an 8 gpm. But I'm wondering if the soap would have anything to do with this? I've been using dish soap (mostly green gain) to get by until I could get the (5) gallons of Elemonator here. Is the dish soap taking me to rinse longer than a professional prouduct?
    The gain actually does a pretty good job. Iíve found elemonator takes a bit more rinsing on windows. How much gain are you using per gallon of SH?

Brian Custer
    JaxWash Pressure Washing
    Jacksonville, Florida
    904-451-6509
    www.jaxwash.com
    Brian Custer
    JaxWash Pressure Washing
    Jacksonville, FL.
    904-451-6509
    www.jaxwash.com

Also, donít forget to fill out your signature so we know who weíre talking to.

Brian Custer
    JaxWash Pressure Washing
    Jacksonville, Florida
    904-451-6509
    www.jaxwash.com
    Brian Custer
    JaxWash Pressure Washing
    Jacksonville, FL.
    904-451-6509
    www.jaxwash.com

Squirt
    Brian, I'm sure the elemonator will be great. But that's not the news I was hoping to hear. lol That means it must be the 4 gpm being the culprit of my rinse times. Oh well, once I grow I'll get the bigger machine lol. But you did just bring up a good point. I think I need to lay off the gain. My chem bucket is a 12 gallon cooler as of right now holding 4 gallons of SH 12%, 6 Gallons of Water, and whatever the medium sized bottles are, I think (40 oz.). I know Elemonator you only use 1 ounce per gallon. However, I thought I read that with the gain, it takes a lot more compared to a professional detergent. With 40 oz. it does stick like GLUE to the wall. However, rinsing with my 4 gpm, it seems like I can rinse 20 or 30 minutes on a side and still can't get it all.

So that brings up another question. When you guys rinse, do you rinse until the water is completely clear falling or is my goal to rinse until it's more of a semi-clear solution coming down? It may sound like a stupid question, I apologize, but I'm new and I really don't want to be wasting unnecessary time, but I don't want to do a HALF BUTT job neither.

So far, my first washes went great, just took forever. I got into a good neighborhood of 8,000 houses, 80% homeowners, and got a good response this past week. However, I made sure to take my time on every house and do a great job, and the neighbors came running to me on most of the jobs!

Now on the signature, could you please elaborate how to do that? I'm very familiar with forums, but I've searched, went through the settings, an for crying out loud can't find anywhere to edit the signature (and yes I did attempt to look for it several times.) As soon as someone chimes in with how to edit it, I will edit it! For the mean time I'm Mr. House Wash aka Mr. House Wash registered in Fort Bend County, outside of Houston, Texas.

Brian, I'm sure the elemonator will be great. But that's not the news I was hoping to hear. lol That means it must be the 4 gpm being the culprit of my rinse times. Oh well, once I grow I'll get the bigger machine lol. But you did just bring up a good point. I think I need to lay off the gain. My chem bucket is a 12 gallon cooler as of right now holding 4 gallons of SH 12%, 6 Gallons of Water, and whatever the medium sized bottles are, I think (40 oz.). I know Elemonator you only use 1 ounce per gallon. However, I thought I read that with the gain, it takes a lot more compared to a professional detergent. With 40 oz. it does stick like GLUE to the wall. However, rinsing with my 4 gpm, it seems like I can rinse 20 or 30 minutes on a side and still can't get it all.

So that brings up another question. When you guys rinse, do you rinse until the water is completely clear falling or is my goal to rinse until it's more of a semi-clear solution coming down? It may sound like a stupid question, I apologize, but I'm new and I really don't want to be wasting unnecessary time, but I don't want to do a HALF BUTT job neither.

So far, my first washes went great, just took forever. I got into a good neighborhood of 8,000 houses, 80% homeowners, and got a good response this past week. However, I made sure to take my time on every house and do a great job, and the neighbors came running to me on most of the jobs!

Now on the signature, could you please elaborate how to do that? I'm very familiar with forums, but I've searched, went through the settings, an for crying out loud can't find anywhere to edit the signature (and yes I did attempt to look for it several times.) As soon as someone chimes in with how to edit it, I will edit it! For the mean time I'm Mr. House Wash aka Mr. House Wash registered in Fort Bend County, outside of Houston, Texas.
    I found the signature is easier to edit on your PC vs your phone.

Too much gain. 1-2 OZ per gallon is all you need. Just enough to cling to the wall. Your not washing a roof. And yes, rinse solution completely.

Brian Custer
    JaxWash Pressure Washing
    Jacksonville, Florida
    904-451-6509
    www.jaxwash.com
    Brian Custer
    JaxWash Pressure Washing
    Jacksonville, FL.
    904-451-6509
    www.jaxwash.com

Squirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Custer View Post
    I found the signature is easier to edit on your PC vs your phone.

Too much gain. 1-2 OZ per gallon is all you need. Just enough to cling to the wall. Your not washing a roof. And yes, rinse solution completely.

Brian Custer
    JaxWash Pressure Washing
    Jacksonville, Florida
    904-451-6509
    www.jaxwash.com

Thanks for your time and the help bud. I'll try cutting back tomorrow! Also just got (5) boxes from Bob!!! One being 5 gallons of Elemonator!

Squirt
    Hey Brian, I forgot to ask you in my last post, I think you forgot to explain how to set up the signature. lol I looked under my profile and can't find the picture anywhere.

Also thought I would update, used the Elemonator and also cut back to suggested amount. Rinsed twice as fast, also the windows looked great!

Dawn is a degreaser
    It dulls vinyl and paint and isn't chlorine stable. Gain isn't much better. Elemonator is awesome. Im at 2 drums a year. Good stuff
    William
    Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter.

^^^^^^What he said. You're washing houses not dishes. Use a soap that is specifically made for washing houses unless you want to get yourself in a bind with oxidation. If you want to be a professional and consider your company a professional company then start off doing things the right way and keep that mindset while you grow your business.
    Daniel Dinkins
    HydroPlus Power Washing LLC
    Greenville, NC
    www.hydroprowash.com

Squirt
    I agree to this statement now. lol I managed to pull off an $800.00 day today (Saturday). It changed the game completely. I'm still using the 4 gpm machine that I started with. But man I added two hose reels to the bed of the truck, (200 foot) non marking hose, new 13 gpm gun, down stream injector, bypass kit, and switched from Gain to Elemontor. Man my first day washing a few weeks back, I felt like all day and I still wasn't going to finish a home. I finished 3 two stories today by myself, keep in mind, I'm a rookie, but I caught on quick to this soft washing the same way I did zero turns. lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast