Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Price is to High !!

Your Price is to High !!

You should be hearing this on a regular basis if your selling at the correct price IMO

If you never here that your price is to high, your price may be to Low IMO

then again all that matters is you are happy with what your making. Would you be happier making a little more doing a little less?

Have you tried to raise your prices to see what happens it may be a pleasant surprise.

Fully agree with this statement !!
    Tom
    Water Boy Pressure Washing
    West Deptford, NJ
    609-932-0595
    www.waterboypressurewashing.com

Quote Originally Posted by pressurepros View Post
    Absolutely, Dave.
    Learnt most of that from Mr Fenner over the years !!

Squirt
    Alright, let me introduce myself and throw out a question. My name's Mike. Just getting started in Spartanburg, SC. I have a background in construction, woodwork, and facilities maintenance. This is a part-time gig for me now. I'm also a pastor starting a church here.

So I saw this post and wondered, would you say the same was true when getting a business established? I'm marketing myself to homeowners along the "professional service, affordable price" lines. I feel like a lower price gives me a quick "in" with new customers. Thoughts?
    Mike Myers
    Spartanburg, SC
    (864) 260-7520‬
    vistawashing@gmail.com
    vistapressurewashing.com

MIke
    you got to do whats right for you.

my thoughts are if its part time you do not need to lower your prices to put food on the table dont do it. Low price customers will always want low price and have friends that want low price. Now with that said, when I started out I was not making nearly what I make now and lots of my return customer have agreed to pay the higher price some have not.

the thing is the customer does not need to know you are just starting out and giving them a low price because of that do they??

one thing also that gives you a instant raise is getting the work done in the most efficient way possible.

Hopefully some others with much more business savvy then I will chime in.

You'll never hear this in south Florida. Everyone does pw, painters, landscapers, fence installers, you name it and they run to the big box store and buy a pw and then their in the business low balling everyone and doing crap jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by vistawash View Post
    Alright, let me introduce myself and throw out a question. My name's Mike. Just getting started in Spartanburg, SC. I have a background in construction, woodwork, and facilities maintenance. This is a part-time gig for me now. I'm also a pastor starting a church here.

So I saw this post and wondered, would you say the same was true when getting a business established? I'm marketing myself to homeowners along the "professional service, affordable price" lines. I feel like a lower price gives me a quick "in" with new customers. Thoughts?
    Mike, please understand that my reply is not meant in anyway as a slight or disrespect..........You're doing this as "A Part-Time Gig" so your "Job" subsidizes your part-time gig.....if you washed full-time you would soon find out that the lower price you charge might not be financially feasible.....If you ever decided to wash full-time, you've "Locked" yourself in the low price category, therefore it would be hard to raise your prices......You're actually doing it backwards......since you already have a "Job" you should have higher prices (profit margins) and dump the profits back into your washing business i.e. website, upgraded equipment, etc.......the term "Professional Service, Affordable Price" actually have nothing to do with each other, you're selling "price" in the end........a Mercedes is a "Professionally" built car but not "Affordable" for many......What is "Affordable" for some isn't affordable for all......it's a "Retaliative" catchphrase used as a "Hook" to close sales.....but to what end?.......You have to determine who "Is" and "Isn't" YOUR Customer......because every Customer that calls.....Isn't YOUR Customer............Good Luck!
    Pressure Kleen L.L.C.
    Power Washing Service
    Tar-Heel N.C. 28392
    Guy Blackmon 910-876-1594

House Washing Fayetteville N.C.
    Pressure Washing Fayetteville N.C.
    Power Washing Fayetteville N.C.

Prestige Member
    He has awaked super info wished i would have had somebody to tell me this years ago great advice.
    Hal Brown
    Sophia Nc 27350
    www.AbvPressureWashing.com

Squirt
    Thanks guys. This is all good information. I've felt pretty good about my prices so far other than a couple of jobs where I underestimated the time required to complete the job. From what I've read, my prices are in line with most here per hour. It sounds like I should revisit my "Affordable" marketing strategy. I don't believe I'm "low balling" and have a 5.5 gpm machine with surface cleaner etc. I did have a job a couple of weeks ago where I should've stuck to my price more. The homeowner wanted to negotiate everything. She wouldn't have found anyone else who would do what she was asking for what she was asking. Lesson learned. I won't do that again. Thanks again for all the helpful feedback.
    Mike Myers
    Spartanburg, SC
    (864) 260-7520‬
    vistawashing@gmail.com
    vistapressurewashing.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast