Thread: Should I step up to an 8 GPM at this point??

Should I step up to an 8 GPM at this point??

I do this pressure washing gig part time and have been for several years. I have always done it with a 5.5 GPM unit and have had great success doing so. This year I am projected to do $10,000+ in sales which includes an HOA containing 26 condos. Iím asking advice from those of you that have stepped up in equipment. Should I bite the bullet on an 8 GPM machine to go with my 5.5, or at this point should I stick with another 5.5 and just have two of them? Is an 8 GPM that much more beneficial to offset the price? PS. I have a three-year contract on these condos starting this year.

-Trent
    North West Exteriors
    Pride in your Property is my Priority!
    Trent Field
    North West Exteriors

equipment is the best ROI you will see you will automatically become faster and more efficient wich in turn will make you more money. The choice is yours. All the years I have been reading the boards I have never herd anyone say man I wish I did not get that 8gpm my 5 was plenty. WHat I have herd and my sentiments also is I wish I never used a 5 gpm and stated with a 10gpm right off the bat.

I just spent 1,000 on a pole to scrub gutters why because its much more efficient with a carbon fiber light super easy stiff adjustable pole.

let us know what you decide.

You plan on making 10k this year and want to spend 3600 on a machine?
    Thats 36 percent of your gross.
    Is it going to make you fast enough to make profit at only 10 k?I dont think so.
    That machine cost will eat all your yearly profit imo.
    If you are stagnant in the amount of work you can do because of your job then its a bad buy imo.
    If you can grow and want to be more efficient than its a maybe.
    There are MANY guys that come and go that go out and get equipment poor right of the bat that fold up because equipment dont make money without the phone ringing.

Prestige Member
    Just get the 8 gpm or a 10 gpm why would you debate it the price is peanuts compared to the volume an speed you will gain.
    Hal Brown
    Sophia Nc 27350
    www.AbvPressureWashing.com

Quote Originally Posted by cajun cleanin View Post
    Is it going to make you fast enough to make profit at only 10 k?I dont think so.
    If you are stagnant in the amount of work you can do because of your job then its a bad buy imo.
    There are MANY guys that come and go that go out and get equipment poor right of the bat that fold up because equipment dont make money without the phone ringing.
    I wouldnít say Iím stagnant, because Iím growing every year even though itís slow. When I first started I had a Troy Bilt residential unit with 30 ft of pressure hose. I now have a 16ft enclosed trailer unit that I built from scratch. I do plan on going full time with this when I feel the financial benefits will match or surpass my current full time job. The 8 gpm unit Iím looking at is $3,300. I will have to do some trailer modifications, but most of the modifications are being done no matter which way I go.

-Trent
    North West Exteriors
    Trent Field
    North West Exteriors

I'm with JC/Cajun. An 8 gpm machine can be at your doorstep in less than 2 weeks. Get the work then when you need more efficiency, buy the equipment. If you land work that books you up for ten weeks, or a huge project, then you place the order. Spend the money on a website build, getting it to rank and advertising. There is a better return until you get your numbers up.

Quote Originally Posted by pressurepros View Post
    I'm with JC/Cajun. An 8 gpm machine can be at your doorstep in less than 2 weeks. Get the work then when you need more efficiency, buy the equipment. If you land work that books you up for ten weeks, or a huge project, then you place the order. Spend the money on a website build, getting it to rank and advertising. There is a better return until you get your numbers up.
    Bingo.....The main word here is "Efficiency"....doesn't matter if you're part time or full-time....Efficiency means increased profits, and how much is that worth to you?....... We only run 8 & 10 gpm machines.
    Pressure Kleen L.L.C.
    Power Washing Service
    Tar-Heel N.C. 28392
    Guy Blackmon 910-876-1594

House Washing Fayetteville N.C.
    Pressure Washing Fayetteville N.C.
    Power Washing Fayetteville N.C.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun cleanin View Post
    This makes a lot of sense to me. If you are really looking to scale and make some serious money go with the 8 gpm. I am thinking the 10k is an error though. I have pulled 3k plus in one weekend and I'm small peanuts. If its not an error I suggest in investing in marketing and save up for the new pressure washer once you got that down.

Quote Originally Posted by dave mac View Post
    equipment is the best ROI you will see you will automatically become faster and more efficient wich in turn will make you more money. The choice is yours. All the years I have been reading the boards I have never herd anyone say man I wish I did not get that 8gpm my 5 was plenty. WHat I have herd and my sentiments also is I wish I never used a 5 gpm and stated with a 10gpm right off the bat.

I just spent 1,000 on a pole to scrub gutters why because its much more efficient with a carbon fiber light super easy stiff adjustable pole.

let us know what you decide.
    Went with another 5.5, just couldnít chew on the 8gpm price tag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Trent Field
    North West Exteriors