Thread: 8gpm to power 2 classic swivles?

8gpm to power 2 classic swivles?

Hi guys! I have a dream to clean mega concrete areas the most efficient way possible for my setup. Let me explain our current setup: 1) 8gpm 3500psi 1)4gpm 4000psi, a basic 2 man set up. Imagine how efficient it would be, instead of two men running 2 surface cleaners at a combined 12gpm, but one man running 12gpm from both hoses. The way it would work is to custom make a surface cleaner with 3 whisper wash classic swivels lined up in a row (about 4.5’ - 5’ in total width) 2 of those swivels being powered by an 8 gpm that Ts off (like a whisperwash mondo) then a 3rd classic swivel powered by a 4gpm, 2 triggers to hold down. Question is: can an 8gpm 3500 split into 2 classic swivels, match or keep up with a 4gpm 4000 psi running a classic swivel? In theory it works but wanted to see if anyone here has had experience with running 2) 20” surface cleaners off an 8. Or even 2 wands for that matter. Any help would be great! I have basically done this holding the 4gpm classic and a 8gpm big guy along side, worked amazing considering how cumbersome. Very very efficient.

You would have a 3 swivel failure. Most efficient way would be to use a 20 inch surfacer on the 8gpm and sell the 4 gpm for another 8gpm and 20 inch surfacer
    William
    Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter.

Hi fireman, thanks for responding. What do you mean by 3 swivel failure? Well a wider swath is going to be more efficient assuming 2) 20 classics at 8gpm can match 1) 20 at 8gpm simply because A. Perfect spacing between swivels is built in and therefore less room for operator inefficiency, and B operator is moving half as much. Do you know if x2 20 surface cleaners can match 1 20 as per sqft covered? Dont get me wrong a 20 is a great tool but trying to maximize efficiency of the customers water supply using both machines at once. Yeah getting 2 8s is an idea

Quote Originally Posted by offdutyfireman View Post
    You would have a 3 swivel failure. Most efficient way would be to use a 20 inch surfacer on the 8gpm and sell the 4 gpm for another 8gpm and 20 inch surfacer
    Agreed my Friend..........splitting 8 gpm is like trying to run 2 NASCAR teams by splitting an 8 cylinder motor in half.....you ain't winning no races there...... The key to moving faster is more gpm per surface cleaner.....not less. We run three 8 gpm units and two 10 gpm units.....I'd shoot someone that would bring a 4 gpm unit to a knife fight.....LOL!
    Pressure Kleen L.L.C.
    Power Washing Service
    Tar-Heel N.C. 28392
    Guy Blackmon 910-876-1594

House Washing Fayetteville N.C.
    Pressure Washing Fayetteville N.C.
    Power Washing Fayetteville N.C.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy B View Post
    Agreed my Friend..........splitting 8 gpm is like trying to run 2 NASCAR teams by splitting an 8 cylinder motor in half.....you ain't winning no races there...... The key to moving faster is more gpm per surface cleaner.....not less. We run three 8 gpm units and two 10 gpm units.....I'd shoot someone that would bring a 4 gpm unit to a knife fight.....LOL!
    Would that be commercial or residential? I have a hard time seeing how I could run 2 8s off a residential house that puts out like 6gpm at the spigot. Im not proposing to run less gpm per surface cleaner but per swivel. Basically like a whisperwash mondo

We have 2 8 gpm machines. You have to have a surge tank to do it, mine is 300 gals.

I also run a 20 in ww classic and a 24 inch steel eagle wheeled unit.

The key is speed of the nozzles and the rpm on the spray bar. The faster the bar turns with more pressure and flow to each tip means you move ALOT faster. In simple terms an 8gpm @ 3600 psi is putting out 4gpm and 1800 psi per nozzle versus a 4 gpm 4k psi unit is putting out 4 gpm and 2000 psi per nozzle so the latter takes more rpms to clean as the nozzles have to pass over the surface more times to clean it.Which means you have to move forward slower.
    J.C. Galmiche
    Cajun Cleanin' Powerwashing
    Daphne, Al.
    251-510-9508
    cajuncleanin@mchsi.com
    www.cajuncleanin.com
    Pressure washing Daphne,Fairhope,Alabama.