Thread: Simple question on the browning

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Simple question on the browning

With over 10 years in the pressure and soft cleaning I have started with roofs just under a year ago. I only have a handful under my belt but the all look great so far. My question is: has anyone experienced the browning of the blue green algae (when itís heavy) not coming off after 2-3 rain falls? I have a picture attached of a section of my most recent job. Itís not the best picture with the evening light but itís all I got.IMG_4258.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Trent Field
    North West Exteriors
    Pride in your Property is my Priority!

Well I have 20 views of this message but nobody seems to want to comment. This picture was taken only 24 hours after the roof was sprayed and there was no rain during that time. The only reason Iím asking this question is because the customer is very disgruntled about how the roof looks even though it hasnít had time to rain yet. By the attitude he has from the time I met him he seems to be one of those customers that simply canít be pleased no matter what you do. We are getting gobs of rain now so hopefully I wonít hear back from him.

Trent Field
    North West Exteriors

Blog Entries
    What are you using to clean the roof?
    Bob Williamson
    Cleveland, OH

After a chem test my bleach had degraded to 10%. So I did a 50/50 mix with 1oz per gallon of Clingon, and about 4oz total of Gain dish soap. Mixed and sprayed with a Fat Boy.

Trent Field
    North West Exteriors

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TrentF View Post
    After a chem test my bleach had degraded to 10%. So I did a 50/50 mix with 1oz per gallon of Clingon, and about 4oz total of Gain dish soap. Mixed and sprayed with a Fat Boy.

And it worked?
    Bob Williamson
    Cleveland, OH

Best as I can tell it did. There are no more black streaks and it turned it all yellow/brown. Itís the same recipe I used on a roof just 2 weeks earlier and it turned out great!IMG_4243.jpg

Trent Field
    North West Exteriors

Thatís pictures of the one 2 weeks earlier.

Trent Field
    North West Exteriors

The only way to mitigate this is to make sure you make it very clear moving forward, how long it needs to sit and how long it's going to take. I like the wording "treatment" as opposed to "cleaning".