Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladders and Pressure Washers

Re: Ladders and Pressure Washers

A friend of mine fell off a 3-step ladder this Sunday past, and broke his elbow so badly he had to have it rebuilt in steel and titanium. He's a sturdy guy, and 6'5" tall, but he landed just so...

Sad part for me, he was my favorite dispatcher in a past-life, so I've been taking up his slack this week, and will be for a little while.

"Just when I thought I was out...They pull me back in!"

Careful on ladders guys n gals, eliminate where possible and use the buddy system. (I'm a violater of this one, trying to reform.)
    Scott Millen-Labor Omnia Vincit
    StainlessDeal Mobile Pressure Wash, Omaha NE 68114
    Reach me anytime at: (402) 670-4214
    or scott@stainlessdeal.com
    There is no space for dirt in "StainlessDeal"
    www.stainlessdeal.com
    www.uamcc.org

Thad....

Can't quite tell what that ladder stop does from the pic. Assuming it's just rubber bottomed and for hard surfaces?

/neil
    My Curb Appeal Pressure Washing Services
    Neil Spencer
    Asheville, NC

Yes, works good even on wet surfaces.
    Not cheap, but less expensive than a fall.
    Thad Eckhoff
    Apex Services
    Hattiesburg, MS
    (601) 329-5819

We are constantly on ladders....just part of it. You guys should look into something called a "Pivot Ladder Tool". Can't describe it...basically a big wedge that you can put under your ladder foot if you are on a hill. I'll just have to take a pic if I remember tomorrow.
    efiF, .M noJ
    moc.liamG@efiFMnoJ

If I ever live somewhere with a hill I will get one of those.
    :thumbsup:
    Thad Eckhoff
    Apex Services
    Hattiesburg, MS
    (601) 329-5819

Thad, Will that ladder stop work in the grass or dirt? Just wondering if there is something that will keep the ladder from moving other than a helper when you are not around. I have seen ladders slide down when the ground got wet and luckily nobody was around when the ladder slid. Thanks.

It definitely helps, but don't your ladder feet flip around to dig into the ground?
    Thad Eckhoff
    Apex Services
    Hattiesburg, MS
    (601) 329-5819

My ladders have the feet that you can flip up and dig into the ground but when I saw the ladders fall from a distance, nobody was around and they just slid down. It was weird. Maybe ghosts? I am thinking of a bungee cord with 2 big alligator clips, one for the ladder and one to clip to the facia, roof edge or something so if something happens, the ladder will hopefully not fall to the ground. Do you use the ladder stops? How do you like them? Looks like a sheet of aluminum with a piece of aluminum welded at a 90 degree and rubber on the bottom. Are they aluminum or steel?

That is pretty clever of how it is designed. The weight of the ladder pushes down onto the plate and rubber and against the metal strip so the ladder does not slide off the big plate and the rubber on the bottom of the plate keeps the plate from sliding on the ground. Very clever. I like it.

Chris, if the feet are dug in and you have the right angle there should be no problem with it sliding straight out. A Ladder Max will keep it from sliding sideways.
    I never use a ladder stop on dirt or grass. I feel much more confident with a properly-placed ladder with the feet dug in. I always bounce on the first or second rung a few times to make sure it's set before I commit.
    Thad Eckhoff
    Apex Services
    Hattiesburg, MS
    (601) 329-5819

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast