Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Roof - A -cide?

Prestige Member

Re: Roof - A -cide?

It depends on the location. Some locations have a standing waiver that is valid for so many hours (typically 24) once activated. But that waiver is only good for so many feet. The highest GA field is 12,000ft. Other locations (like Blackrock, NV) have a standing waiver up to 30,000ft with the ability to fly up to 60k. In that case, you open the waiver with ATC and request windows to XXXft. They either approve or decline. If the approve, you call in ahead of time and they give you a window for XXX ft from AA:BB til AA:CC.

If anyone here flies, they could probably tell you what a NOTAM actually look like. We just set them up and rip holes in the sky.
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -
    Samuel Adams

Prestige Member

That's awesome. I watched a program on Discovery channel about those. Do you have any video on youtube?
    Jackson MS

Extreme Video Training
    www.extremevideotraining.com
    [url=http://www.extremevideotraining.com]Video Services in Jackson MS[/url

Prestige Member

[quote author=Jason link=topic=3458.msg43095#msg43095 date=1200968920]
    That's awesome. I watched a program on Discovery channel about those. Do you have any video on youtube?[/quote]

Sadly, no. I'm always to busy prepping the bird to think about recording the event.
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -
    Samuel Adams

Prestige Member

Next time bring some one along to video it.
    Jackson MS

Extreme Video Training

Prestige Member

I'll try, but it's really something you gotta experience first hand. That motor fires up and starts cranking out 400# of thrust, then just fractions of a second later that first shock wave hits you. You can feel it in your whole body.
    Samuel Adams

Prestige Member

For the past year I have really been wanting to build one of those jet engines made from a turbo. I've been collecting info on the internet and I think I am ready. I just have to get my hands on a turbo. If I build one, how would I go about measuring the thrust?
    Jackson MS

Extreme Video Training

Prestige Member

[quote author=Jason link=topic=3458.msg43106#msg43106 date=1200972787]
    For the past year I have really been wanting to build one of those jet engines made from a turbo. I've been collecting info on the internet and I think I am ready. I just have to get my hands on a turbo. If I build one, how would I go about measuring the thrust?
    [/quote]

I'll start a new thread in the Lounge. I don't want to disappoint people when this thread pops up top and it's not the latest adolescent ramblings of John Browne. Which brings up an interesting point. Chris does a lot of roofs and he's not a jacka**. You think inhaling roof-a-cide might destroy ones ability to interact with normal people?
    Samuel Adams

[quote author=Thad link=topic=3458.msg43075#msg43075 date=1200959380]
    Bull.

You had to get past "This video or group may contain content that is inappropriate for some users, as flagged by YouTube's user community." before you saw it. Besides, neither of you saw any 'good stuff'.
    :P

[/quote]

Thank god we didnt see nothing, she was fugly

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112