Thread: NOT AGAIN!

NOT AGAIN!

Here's some more crap from Tim Carter, Russ Spence found and posted on PWI.

This guy is really making a mess. Everyone in the roof cleaning business should post a comment on his youtube video calling him out about his incompetence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MiGr...ad.php?t=11558
    Pressure Washing Pro
    Roof Cleaning Pro
    Mobile (336) 362-7659
    Greensboro, NC 27407
    www.pressurewashingpro.com
    www.roofcleaningpro.com

Prestige Member

Re: NOT AGAIN!

What a tool.

"be sure to keep the tip at least 12" from the shingles", but while he's saying that he drops it down to 1".
    Jackson MS

Extreme Video Training
    www.extremevideotraining.com
    [url=http://www.extremevideotraining.com]Video Services in Jackson MS[/url

I posted this here before.
    Daniel Tambasco
    (978)749-9808
    'Oh, they're not scared of you. They're scared of what you represent to 'em.' -George Hanson, Easy Rider

[quote author=Jason link=topic=5565.msg72777#msg72777 date=1218654645]
    What a tool.

"be sure to keep the tip at least 12" from the shingles", but while he's saying that he drops it down to 1".
    [/quote]

Actually, he says to start off, not keep, at least 12" from the shingles. But, yes, I don't see how one cannot blow the granules free at the distance he was using unless the PSI is ultra low, in fact, so low as to question why use a pressure washer and not a garden hose?

Years ago my uncle told me the neighbor had his roof pressure washed every year and told me he wanted me to pressure wash the roof. Not having ever seen anyone clean a roof and definitely never pressure wash a roof I started off very slowly. I did a small patch and stopped as there was no way I would continue. The only way I could make the roof look clean was to get close with pressure--so much pressure the the granules were coming loose. Since that day I've not touched a roof with a pressure washer and I won't do it again. I've witnessed--from personal experience--the damage that can--and will be--done to a roof with a pressure washer.

Exactly Adam, I also learned from my mistake of trying to use a pressure washer on a roof when I first started in 1999.

Never again.

It's pretty obvious when you look inside the gutters and see loose granules that have come off just from the rain, it doesn't take much pressure at all to remove them from the shingles.
    Pressure Washing Pro
    Roof Cleaning Pro
    Mobile (336) 362-7659
    Greensboro, NC 27407
    www.pressurewashingpro.com
    www.roofcleaningpro.com