Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Delevan tips

Re: Delevan tips

Thanks Micheal...i fixed up my delevan just like you did with the orange box and everything...and i added the holes in the bottom lol I am really liking it!

Did someone say Cowbell?

[attachment deleted by admin]
    Hydra Pressure Washing
    Springfield MO
    417-839-0655
    Doug Peabody

Guys, Please help out that poor little money maker called Delavan by opening the lid when it is in use so some of he trapped heat will get out. It would be better if it was not in a box so the heat will dissipate faster but I know you don't want the weather to mess it up.

I am moving mine around and I am rigging up a little cover for them or might use a plastic bag so when it rains, they will not get wet but will be able to get rid of the heat fast when the cover is off.

Instead of just flushing the D. with water, try pumping/recycling 2 gallons of Vinegar through the pump for a couple of minutes to disolve and clean out the SH crystals that collect inside the pump. (Pour them into a 5 gal bucket and have the input/outflow tubes in the same bucket.)
    Mine was running poorly and had eventually lost prime. Called The Man, Bob, and he told me about it. Had to take apart the input hose and funnel Vinegar into the pump - as it had lost prime - but after several frustrating minutes it started to drawl and eventually it worked like new.
    My D. is trailer mounted and used to transfer SH to my main tank only; Bandit for spraying. I changed trucks and the new one does not run the D. as well as the old one. I assume the wiring is different (smaller gauge or too many feeders to other components) and have to change it or run a line directly from the battery to get it running right.

***Updated*** Just bought a deep cell marine battery and hooked it up like it is posted on the site - 3 feet from the D., etc and I was Shocked at how much faster the D. ran! That pump really does have some power! The van hook up stunk and the truck was ok, but nothing compared to this. Thanks for the tip!
    Evan Wood
    www.roofcleanersplus.com

Cincinnati Roof Cleaning

Would somebody please explain the best way to run two delavans together for more gpm
    Charles Bernstein

Denton Md
    Talbot Pro-Wash
    Low Pressure House & Roof Cleaning
    www.talbotprowash.com
    charles@talbotprowash.com

Prestige Member

Thats a good question Charles. I'm not even sure you can do that. Kinda like trying to park a Hummer in a dog house. I would think You would need a bigger dog house! (Replace dog house with much bigger hose and spray orifice.)
    All Surface Pressure Cleaning Inc.
    Saint Petersburg Florida 33716
    Larry Millette 727-543-3276 727-543-3276
    www.aspc.us
    www.allsurfacepressurecleaning.com
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-olM...pSj0ZtHpl-jHDR http://www.merchantcircle.com/busine.....727-543-3276

[quote author=ALL SURFACE link=topic=3594.msg71430#msg71430 date=1217727268]
    Thats a good question Charles. I'm not even sure you can do that. Kinda like trying to park a Hummer in a dog house. I would think You would need a bigger dog house! (Replace dog house with much bigger hose and spray orifice.)
    [/quote]

Yeah, its possible... I think Russ is running dual delavans and Andy from PT mentioned something about it to me. It seems like a great idea for rinsing roofs, etc. I figured I would ask here instead of bothering people directly...atm anyway
    Charles Bernstein

Denton Md
    Talbot Pro-Wash
    www.talbotprowash.com

Prestige Member

I know you can run duel pumps off the same tank. Thats no problem. Are you trying to run them both through the same chem line? Thats where I would think there would be a problem. That what I thought you were talking about. I may have missunderstood.
    All Surface Pressure Cleaning Inc.
    Saint Petersburg Florida 33716
    Larry Millette 727-543-3276 727-543-3276
    www.aspc.us
    www.allsurfacepressurecleaning.com
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-olM...pSj0ZtHpl-jHDR http://www.merchantcircle.com/busine.....727-543-3276

All I heard was dual pumps = more gpm... How exactly the system is set up that is what I'm unsure about. I'm interested in increasing my gpm to speed up the rinse time on roofs and housewashing not so much for chem application.
    Charles Bernstein

Denton Md
    Talbot Pro-Wash
    www.talbotprowash.com

After more reading it seems the dual set-up is more trouble than its worth...
    Charles Bernstein

Denton Md
    Talbot Pro-Wash
    www.talbotprowash.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast