Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Roof Cleaning + TSP

Re: Roof Cleaning + TSP

Wow, that is a lot.

We use a 8 pound scoop. Add what we need, then our SHC. Sometimes we will give it a shot with the soap tip real quick to get it moving before we head out to the job. Get on site and add the rest of our ingredients for that particular job and mix up with soap tip. I will give it a shot every now and then while we are going.

look at these bad boyz.....

http://www.rittenhouse.ca/asp/Product.asp?PG=784

Bob I looked to see if you had them on here. I hope its ok I linked there.

Prestige Member

Tom, do you use anyone of these types of pumps? right now i'm using a sure flow with a 3/8 chem line for all my applications. though it's been good to me i'm still thinking of upgrading. i've got an almost brand new 5.5 honda with a cat pump sitting in my shop doing nothing. the thing purrs like a kitten. been thinking of hooking a good chem pump to it in place of the cat and upgrading to 1/2 in chem line. Any thoughts??? :yes: :no:
    All Surface Pressure Cleaning Inc.
    Saint Petersburg Florida 33716
    Larry Millette 727-543-3276 727-543-3276
    www.aspc.us
    www.allsurfacepressurecleaning.com
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-olM...pSj0ZtHpl-jHDR http://www.merchantcircle.com/busine.....727-543-3276

No, I wish I had the Udor. It has 10 @ 250 I think. That kind of flow and pressure you can use that
    pump for any kind of work. Look at the attachments they have for it...One could have a bad to the bone chem pump with a LOVE TUB The perfect setup atm? These powdered or flake soaps are a PITA to mix.
    I try to keep it simple. Other additives are usually liquid concentrate form. SHC has more than enough cleaning power and TSP is the icing, whipped cream and cherry all in one.

I did my first big project with two 3.8 Sureflows running on 3/8 hoses. 20 building condo tile roof gig.
    Man I have cleaned some roofs since then.

Maybe find someone that will hook a belt up to a roller pump with that 5.5?
    Prolly would be cheap.

Prestige Member

Do you or anyone else out there think it would be a good idea to set up my 5.5 honda with a chem pump or do you think it would be a waste of time and too many gals of chem loss. i'm so confussed. if not then i would like to change over to a bigger pump like a develen and 1/2 chem line. thoughts????????? :thumbsup: :thumbsdown:
    All Surface Pressure Cleaning Inc.
    Saint Petersburg Florida 33716
    Larry Millette 727-543-3276 727-543-3276
    www.aspc.us
    www.allsurfacepressurecleaning.com
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-olM...pSj0ZtHpl-jHDR http://www.merchantcircle.com/busine.....727-543-3276

Our UDOR is running on a 4 HP Honda now. I'd convert it.
    :thumbsup:
    David O'Connell Jr.

We have been thinking of the agitator attachments for the UDOR. BUT..... I have a feeling that in a day or so a stump will be all thats left on the end of the line in the tank.

David O'Connell Jr.

You have to remember that the bleach is very corrosive to most metal so if it could be a plastic or pvc part, it would last longer. Eventually the plastic or pvc will become brittle and crumble.

Get the gold one on the bottom. I have used the same gold soap tip to stir my TSP up for years. It has been in my tank more than you can believe. It doesn't look pretty but still locks in the quick connect and sprays well.

I use a good metal lube/protectant on it daily with all of my other corrosive parts.
    The money save with using less tsp because you are keeping it mixed/suspended will pay for your next one.
    Plus, your mix will own. I am starting to see this as a necessity for my roof cleaning method and will get it the way I want. If you are a fan of other powder salt based additives this is an absolute necessity IMO. You are going to have 20+ pounds of powder in your tank. And it is going to settle no matter what you do to it or how you mix it. You would have to sit on site stirring and letting it settle many times to get it to mix anywhere near as well as the mixed/suspension LOVE TUB! We do a few roofs a day sometimes or a large project. You think folks are gonna
    sit and wait for it to settle to mix it again to settle? All that gunk aint helping at the bottom of the tank.I believe this is a GREAT idea.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast