Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sq ft rate curbing

sq ft rate curbing

OK how much would you charge for 8 miles of curbing, actually 16 miles of curbing because curb is on both sides of road. Now this curbing is in a fairly quiet residential neighborhood. The curbing is like in this picture (not very good picture) but its 2 feet wide and slanted rain curb, it can be cleaned using a big guy it fits pretty good

so its about 169K of curb. Theres plenty of fire hydrants to fill off of as we go, good drainage too

What would you charge per sq ft?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Super Helper Member

Re: sq ft rate curbing

.12 to .15 per sq
    Mike Dennis
    Owner-Exterior Cleaning Solutions Inc.
    www.NoRoofStains.com
    www.cheaproofcleaning.com
    502-428-7474

Prestige Member

Jeff, are you gonna be using any materials? (soap, degreesers, etc...) we have all those drains around here. Ive tried with my big guy but it only seema to get up some of the black... always end up using my wand to clean it up nice. Thats alot of gutter drains....whew! If it were me, down here in FL. I'de probably be around .04 per sq. ft. bidding may be higher up where you are! Not sure if this helps or not... NO SIDEWALKS???
    All Surface Pressure Cleaning Inc.
    Saint Petersburg Florida 33716
    Larry Millette 727-543-3276 727-543-3276
    www.aspc.us
    www.allsurfacepressurecleaning.com
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-olM...pSj0ZtHpl-jHDR http://www.merchantcircle.com/busine.....727-543-3276

Mike, that's $23.5K
    Jeff, you know me and know I don't bid by sq ft, but this is how I would figure it
    300' hose reels, so 2 guys should be able to l clean 1200'without moving the rig(one on both sides of the road) With pita factors, water supply,etc this should take 1 total man hour. Total of 163 man hours. I try to make $90 per hour for each man working. $14700. Payroll should be $2120, fuel around $350, meter fees and water $300, who knows $200, no chems. Two rigs for 4 days= $11730 profit. There is my super secret scary bidding method.
    William
    Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter.

scrappy

i agree mike i love Kentucky's concrete . . . I can get 10 to 15 cents a sq ft all day

[quote author=scrappy link=topic=3936.msg50762#msg50762 date=1204956596]
    i agree mike i love Kentucky's concrete . . . I can get 10 to 15 cents a sq ft all day
    [/quote]

For this kind of work, working for a private HOA community in this area the most would be right around $.10 a sq ft. 15 is to much, you have to factor in quanity, there is the PITA factor, that being its all spread out and have to move a lot (8 miles worth of moving) No chems will be needed. The Big guy does fit and yes there might be a little wand work right in the center of the big guy pass

No water charge or meter charge the property has a meter from the city at all times. I was thinking .08 -.10 so I will probably go in the middle. We'll see what they say. I also have several areas around condos that have sidewalks, I have to measure that this weekend

[quote author=ECSKY link=topic=3936.msg50728#msg50728 date=1204951765]
    .12 to .15 per sq
    [/quote]

with that much curb he will never get that price down here
    Mike Cooke
    Palmetto Power Cleaning LLC
    Myrtle Beach SC
    843-458-2303
    ppcmbsc@sc.rr.com
    www.ppcmb.com

scrappy

sorry i was just saying what i can get a sq ft. for just concrete i mis read sorry guys

Prestige Member

[quote author=PPC link=topic=3936.msg50817#msg50817 date=1204991069]
    [quote author=ECSKY link=topic=3936.msg50728#msg50728 date=1204951765]
    .12 to .15 per sq
    [/quote]

with that much curb he will never get that price down here
    [/quote] Seems like the price goes lower the farther you travel downward. You don't think you couldn't get that price in SC then try giving that same price down here. @ .10-.15 the most anyone down here would be doing would be sitting on a lawn chair watching another company doing it for .04-.06 per square ft. Really sucks but thats the reality of it (at least down here)is that they may want them cleaned but I'm sure in the back of their minds their thinking they are only drainage gutters. You folks further to the north are lucky that you are able to charge more... At least you get what it's worth... :thumbsup:
    All Surface Pressure Cleaning Inc.
    Saint Petersburg Florida 33716
    Larry Millette 727-543-3276 727-543-3276
    www.aspc.us
    www.allsurfacepressurecleaning.com
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-olM...pSj0ZtHpl-jHDR http://www.merchantcircle.com/busine.....727-543-3276

For that much curb, I would seriously look into getting one of those "Curbie" things. The guy does not mass produce them but for long stretches, one pass and it is good.

There are a lot of ways to do this, I have seen some very inventive stuff over the years. Just depends on how fast you want to go and how comfortable you want to be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast