Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TSP and Florida Homeowners

Re: TSP and Florida Homeowners

I guess the whole "Apple Cider" thing is DOA now, since we are back to the TSP or not TPS discussion. Wasn't the isopropyl alcohol in the Apple Cider supposed to beef up the SH without the negative effects of TSP? Did everyone give up on that mix?

John Frazo
    Dynamic Roofing / Roof Cleaning
    Indianapolis, IN

I'm still wondering if any contractor can provide definitive proof that TSP can be legally dispensed at a residence in the state of Florida.

Little help?
    Chip Crow
    SoftWash Inc.
    Florida Panhandle
    1-866-216-3399

[quote author=Dynamic Roof Cleaning link=topic=5536.msg72605#msg72605 date=1218574895]
    I guess the whole "Apple Cider" thing is DOA now, since we are back to the TSP or not TPS discussion. Wasn't the isopropyl alcohol in the Apple Cider supposed to beef up the SH without the negative effects of TSP? Did everyone give up on that mix?

John Frazo
    Dynamic Roofing / Roof Cleaning
    Indianapolis, IN
    [/quote]
    We still use Cider sometimes, as do several others we know.
    And many still use Apple Sauce.
    I make ZERO dollars off any of my mixes, and I could care less what anyone uses, or does not use.
    I just think the addition of SOMETHING makes for a nicer looking roof.

Simple Cherry, TSP, Borax, Dawn, Ajax, Tide, Purex, all work, and we can discuss for DAYS the merits of each.

SOME even clean with JUST Chlorine and water.

Some add 1 to 2 percent Sodium Hydroxide and 1/4 cup TSP to the mix, a favorite of ours for filthy Tile Roofs.

Some swear by Sodium Metasilicate.

I plan on trying something :new: Dan Tambasco found, it shows a lot of promise, in THEORY at least.

One must remember, if what you add is not designed to co exist with Chlorine, it must be used quickly.

THIS is the case with Apple Cider.

It cleans well when freshly made, but over time,, some weakening of the mix is observed.

This is OK for thoose with a job specific mix, just make it up on the job, spray, and get paid!

But for us, with dual 300 gallon tanks, doing many roofs in a week, it CAN be a liability.

We prefer a totally chlorine compatable mix, and that IS what Dan's discovery is all about.

If ALL goes as theory would predict, Dan's discovery may become as commonly used as Dawn or Ajax ??

On the Myflorida website the only search results that came up with "Trisodium Phosphate" in it was an article on dealing with pepper seeds. It does suggest washing the seeds, so I would, dangerously, assume that it is not regulated. Here is the article. http://www.doacs.state.fl.us/pi/enpp...circ/pp400.pdf
    I would think that if it were an issue it would be posted.
    McIntoshWorks
    307 King St
    Ridgely TN 38080
    Mcintoshworks@hotmail.com

I see it suggested by University's in Florida.
    I THINK it was taken out of Mom's Laundry Soap because it was fertilizing the lakes and rivers, creating choking vegetation.
    This is what happens when EVERYONE uses it.
    But for occasional commercial use, I think it must be OK ?
    It IS sold in Home Depot and Lowe's.

That it is still sold is proof it is an effective cleaner.

TSP IS the "gold standard" for cleaners.
    Yes, it is a bit more difficult to use, and one must be careful when using strong solutions of it.
    But it cleans like few other cleaners can.

I know plenty of pressure washers using it everyday as part of house wash soap.

The "old school" all purpose cleaner from the Delco Board was a mix of Hypochlorite, Hydroxide and TSP.

Those who went before used this mix everyday to clean everything.

Even today, if you lived in Tampa, there is a pressure washing supply house here that suggests bleach and TSP to wash houses with.

Hundreds of pressure washers clean homes with this mix.

Is it "the best" ?

Thats up to YOU

I LOVE Garlic in my mashed potatoes :thumbsup:

I'm going to have to disagree with your assessment of it's use until there is clarity on this issue.

In the mean time. Like Shirley Q. Liquor says: " To each they own"
    Chip Crow
    SoftWash Inc.
    Florida Panhandle
    1-866-216-3399

Prestige Member

[quote author=chip link=topic=5536.msg72609#msg72609 date=1218575378]
    I'm still wondering if any contractor can provide definitive proof that TSP can be legally dispensed at a residence in the state of Florida.

Little help?
    [/quote]
    Chip, I've looked and found nothing as have others. If you are that worried about it there is a computer infront of you with little buttons with letters on them and one that says enter. You MAY find what you are looking for by using the resorces right in front of you! Besides, if the state of FL or anywhere else did not want it being used they would pull it off the shelves... It is still on them and being used everyday.
    All Surface Pressure Cleaning Inc.
    Saint Petersburg Florida 33716
    Larry Millette 727-543-3276 727-543-3276
    www.aspc.us
    www.allsurfacepressurecleaning.com
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-olM...pSj0ZtHpl-jHDR http://www.merchantcircle.com/busine.....727-543-3276

[quote author=chip link=topic=5536.msg72638#msg72638 date=1218585050]
    I'm going to have to disagree with your assessment of it's use until there is clarity on this issue.

In the mean time. Like Shirley Q. Liquor says: " To each they own"
    [/quote]
    Rest Easy tadpoles
    Read THIS

Phosphorus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaThe most important commercial use of phosphorus-based chemicals is the .... used in laundry detergents in some countries, but banned for this use in others. ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phosphorus - 119k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this

* * * * * *state to outlaw complete use of phosphates in detergents. The law does not ban phosphates. for industrial use or in dishwashing compounds. FLORIDA ...

This was from Google, dont have more time to research it.

I agree with Larry here, WHY sell it, if it is illegal ?

Notice, the laws say ALL Phosphates, not just TSP.

You two are still missing the point. That is to say, is it an issue for contractors. Get it.

I think some folks might be interested in knowing.

Enough with the propaganda. Let's stick to the point.
    Chip Crow
    SoftWash Inc.
    Florida Panhandle
    1-866-216-3399

Chris I am not sure what you mean by TADPOLES WTH is that. There are many reasons to not use TSP even more than I listed in another post but here is one that WE all should read. http://www.water-research.net/Watershed/phosphates.htm Chris I can not understand why you would promote this product after all the negative affects that are listed all over the internet. I would not want my name associated with promoting such a non-enviromental product. TADPOLES ,there are several products out there that will not harm the enviroment like TSP. Chris you have said many many times that you are a ROOF CLEANING only company, yet you say in another post that TSP is "GOLD STANDARD" among pressure cleaners. Chris I am pressure cleaning and roof cleaning company and I refuse to use TSP for many reasons. TADPOLES the moral of the story is PLEASE do your research before using any chemical that could possibly cause severe harm to your customers property and cause severe harm to the enviroment. TADPOLES, Chris, REALLY, WTF is that, OH SWEET MOSES.
    Mel Everett
    Vero Under Pressure
    772-299-5949
    Vero Beach FL

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast