Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Roof chemicals

Roof chemicals

Does anyone use anything besides SH & water for there roof mix? I am think about getting away as much as possible from chlorine for obvious reasons.
    Exterior Attack Pressure Washing
    Melbourne, Florida 32934
    (321) 243-1796
    Ken D'Amato
    Email:exteriorattack@yahoo.com
    Firefighter Owned & Operated

Prestige Member

Re: Roof chemicals

[quote author=Exterior Attack PW link=topic=6276.msg82388#msg82388 date=1224862771]
    Does anyone use anything besides SH & water for there roof mix? I am think about getting away as much as possible from chlorine for obvious reasons.
    [/quote]
    You let me know when they come up with something that works as well and is as cost effective!
    All Surface Pressure Cleaning Inc.
    Saint Petersburg Florida 33716
    Larry Millette 727-543-3276 727-543-3276
    www.aspc.us
    www.allsurfacepressurecleaning.com
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-olM...pSj0ZtHpl-jHDR http://www.merchantcircle.com/busine.....727-543-3276

I used a product called Roof Be Clean years ago on a couple of homes. It worked o/k on one roof but, I had to use bleach to get the second one clean. The stuff costs about $35.00 per gallon, by the time you dilute it you will still use about 4 gallons on a roof, Then they tell you that you may have to go back for a second application. Way too expensive and not anywhere near as efficient as sh and water.
    Rick\'s Power Washing<br />White Plains, Md.<br />301-672-7767

Quote from Larry

You let me know when they come up with something that works as well and is as cost effective!

I was just asking. The reason for the question is that we had a fire in a spa warehouse this week and everyone that went inside got contaminated with large amounts of chlorine. We then discussed how bad it is for your lungs. We didn&#039;t have any real issues since everyone had the proper equiptment on but it got me thinking. I am still going to use it but I am definately going to protect myself better from now on. I just wanted to see if there was an alternative which I knew there wasn&#039;t and be as cost effective.
    Melbourne, Florida 32934
    (321) 243-1796
    Ken D'Amato

Prestige Member

I thought the obvious reasons you were pointing towards were possible run off damage to plants etc... I had no idea you were leaning towards health issues. You are definitely right about the health issues though. I am on 4 different types of meds to help me breathe better. I&#039;ve got a resporator that I wear occasionally. My wife is on me constantly about wearing it. I reread my previous post to you. Sorry. I didn&#039;t mean to come off so brash. :-[
    www.aspc.us
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-olM...pSj0ZtHpl-jHDR http://www.merchantcircle.com/busine.....727-543-3276

I didn&#039;t think you were being brash. You were just stating a fact which what I was asking anyway. Another reason why I asked is that I haven&#039;t done any roof work yet but I want to start doing them over here on the east coast and was just seeing what anothers might be using. I need to learn thats why I ask about things on here. You always give good information on these forums. You do a lot of roof work and I have seen your work so you have give good information. It just got me thinking about health issues like you said. I am definately going to protect myself. :thumbsup:
    Melbourne, Florida 32934
    (321) 243-1796
    Ken D'Amato

If your ever looking for &quot;Free Labor&quot; just let me know. I would love to tag along to learn a few things.
    Melbourne, Florida 32934
    (321) 243-1796
    Ken D'Amato

Prestige Member

Are you planning on doing Tile Roof Cleaning or Shingle. Certain types of cleaners that can be used are sodium hydroxide based and work good on Shingle Roofs :yes: but cannot be used on Tile Roofs, especially if they are Painted. :no:
    www.aspc.us

I am going to start with shingle roofs. They seem to be the majority anyway.
    Melbourne, Florida 32934
    (321) 243-1796
    Ken D'Amato

Ken, I have been using bleach to clean roofs and houses since 1994. I&#039;m not going to say it&#039;s good for you, but I don&#039;t have any breathing issues. It would be nice to wear your scba in screened in porches &amp; pool enclosers though, those are the places that will get you. Use the wind to your advantage on the roof and wear a good respirator as much as possible.
    Tim Aselton Softwashing
    Tallahassee, Fl.
    www.softwashing.com

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast