Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Roof chemicals

Re: Roof chemicals

I stand corrected.....but I thought H2O2 was water......oxygen is a naturally occurring di-atomic.....my bad. I think I wrote it incorrectly too....isn't it H2O3? "Per" equalling an extra Oxygen molecule making it a peroxide, but whatever.....
    The key point is NO BUCKET CHEMISTRY and to wear your PPE when messing with chemicals.
    Further, any gasses containing Chlorine or acids will react with the moisture in the lung tissues and do a very bad number......the Germans used this very effectively in WW1.
    Steve Swindle
    Firehouse Pro Clean
    Camarillo, CA 93012
    (805) 857-3371

Prestige Member

Re: Roof chemicals

[quote author=stevieray link=topic=6276.msg83421#msg83421 date=1225743776]
    I stand corrected.....but I thought H2O2 was water......oxygen is a naturally occurring di-atomic[/quote]

H20 is water. Oxygen can occur naturally in the diatomic state (O2). But when combined with other elements, all bets are off. For example, the container of my desk contains about 5% C2H6O. If oxygen were forced to remain diatomic, it would be 2(C2H6O)O2. And I wouldn't chill it and drink it...

[quote author=stevieray link=topic=6276.msg83421#msg83421 date=1225743776]
    The key point is NO BUCKET CHEMISTRY and to wear your PPE when messing with chemicals.
    Further, any gasses containing Chlorine or acids will react with the moisture in the lung tissues and do a very bad number......the Germans used this very effectively in WW1.[/quote]

+10
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -
    Samuel Adams

Exactly what is SH and were can i get some ?

Quote Originally Posted by Exterior Attack PW View Post
    Does anyone use anything besides SH & water for there roof mix? I am think about getting away as much as possible from chlorine for obvious reasons.
    Exactly what is SH and were can i get some

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234