Thread: Price Per Sq. Ft - Strip & Neutralize Only

Price Per Sq. Ft - Strip & Neutralize Only

Hey guys,

Wondering what you guys get per sq ft. for stripping and neutralizing only. I have a customer with a small single story log cabin (28x32 - 1200 sq ft of surface). He wants me to strip it so he can seal it. I havent done much work with wood let alone logs but its seems like a good job to start with. I was going to use f-18 and hit it with f-8 to neutralize. Im confident I can do the work but Im clueless as for pricing with this! I was thinking of somewhere around .50 cents per sq ft. How off am I?
    Jason Bowley
    Springbrook Power Washing LLC
    Power Washing Rhode Island

Roof Cleaning Rhode Island

Re: Price Per Sq. Ft - Strip & Neutralize Only

Being no one else will try to help you, Alot of different factors go into pricing wood. Age of stain,type of stain,etc. I start at .75 to clean unstained wood and price goes up from there.
    ********Reese's Pressure Cleaning********
    Licensed & Insured
    706-496-5747 Cell
    www.reesespressurecleaning.com

Pressure Cleaning--Wood Restoration--Decorative Concrete
    "Let Us Show You The Difference A Professional Can Make"

[quote author=jbmillion link=topic=6389.msg84111#msg84111 date=1226093292]
    Hey guys,

Wondering what you guys get per sq ft. for stripping and neutralizing only. I have a customer with a small single story log cabin (28x32 - 1200 sq ft of surface). He wants me to strip it so he can seal it. I havent done much work with wood let alone logs but its seems like a good job to start with. I was going to use f-18 and hit it with f-8 to neutralize. Im confident I can do the work but Im clueless as for pricing with this! I was thinking of somewhere around .50 cents per sq ft. How off am I?
    [/quote]

If you strip a log cabin for that price, even if it's just grey wood, Celeste will hire someone to have your nuts cut off. A starting price for deck work is like $0.75 - but deck work is much easier than log work.
    Daniel Tambasco
    (978)749-9808
    'Oh, they're not scared of you. They're scared of what you represent to 'em.' -George Hanson, Easy Rider

no one said log for that price read the post
    ********Reese's Pressure Cleaning********
    Licensed & Insured
    706-496-5747 Cell
    www.reesespressurecleaning.com

Pressure Cleaning--Wood Restoration--Decorative Concrete
    "Let Us Show You The Difference A Professional Can Make"

Thanks guys I did the job already on wednesday. Definitely the last power washing I will do this season...its F'in cold!! I ended up charging a buck per sq ft. $1200 bucks
    Jason Bowley
    Springbrook Power Washing LLC
    Power Washing Rhode Island

Roof Cleaning Rhode Island

Prestige Member

[quote author=jbmillion link=topic=6389.msg85956#msg85956 date=1227317517]
    Thanks guys I did the job already on wednesday. Definitely the last power washing I will do this season...its F'in cold!! I ended up charging a buck per sq ft. $1200 bucks
    [/quote]
    That $1200.00 is gonna have to last you awile! LOL... No need to bust my nads. I know how cold it is up there. I was born and raised in Pawtucket RI. Lived in north Smithfield RI. before moving here in 1990. I sure as heck can't see anyone wanting to wash their house in the winter up their. Burrrr! Way too cold for me now.
    All Surface Pressure Cleaning Inc.
    Saint Petersburg Florida 33716
    Larry Millette 727-543-3276 727-543-3276
    www.aspc.us
    www.allsurfacepressurecleaning.com
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-olM...pSj0ZtHpl-jHDR http://www.merchantcircle.com/busine.....727-543-3276

Good job Jason.

Super Helper Member

All'n a days work eh..What was on it? did it come off easy? how hot yer stripper?.. did it fur at all or did ya feel like it could of used a buffing after?..Buck might be fair for a dinky thing with no issues or an easy stain to remove. I imagine lots of money left on table compared to doing whole job though...
    Surface Interventions performed by ~Kevin T.
    Sacramento, CA
    Wood Refinishing-Pressure Washing-Concrete & Vinyl Floor Care-~~~> ..done Right!!
    mmienterprises@hotmail.com