Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What happend to Scrappy?

Prestige Member

Re: What happend to Scrappy?

[quote author=plainpainter link=topic=7545.msg101956#msg101956 date=1237044963]
    Why does anyone care? He's a 21 year old kid that just experienced a euphoria of being in business. I am sure he will settle down
    and learn to party for a while. Without exception - every kid I knew that was ultra serious in their freshman year in college were total burnouts
    by their senior year. Life is a long distance marathon not a sprint. I think the reason he is copying Mike alot - is testimonial to the fact
    that this business isn't anywhere as easy as some would like you to believe.

Just a couple of weeks ago - I read Scrappy's dissatisfaction at a customer where he was ultra professional and gave the guy loads of
    value - and the guy went with some mexican for like $18 less. I think he naively thinks this business is cool as long as you follow a 'recipe'
    perhaps there will be hard work - but commanding ultra high price tags is just natural with a professional sales demo. And that's just not
    true. Scrappy is going to learn first hand what the results are from everyone's advice he gets here. He's going to learn the hard way that
    $50 driveway washes don't build good customer relationships among other things. It took me 17 years to finally get over the 'no's' - I imagine my
    ego is not out of line with most folks - I suspect ego is the main reason why guys become lowballers. Perhaps Scrappy said he will make '09
    his biatch. But I would like to see how many folks have made '09 their biatch sometime in October - I will be happy with survival. To me part
    of being in business is realizing that things will be tight and it will be an endurance race. I won't throw away this year with the bath water - but
    I don't have my hopes up - my focus is on '10 right now. Already I ain't seeing the necessary prerequisites for a good year.
    [/quote]

Lets see,
    DJ went to college and ran two profitable business in his first year. Didn't make much money but did great considering it was his first year
    Dan come to the BB's complaining about not getting work
    DJ went out and found work
    Dan come to the BB's complaining about not getting work
    DJ is always looking for way to improve himself and his business
    Dan comes to the BB's complaining about not getting work
    DJ has a very positive outlook on life and business
    Dan come to the BB's complaining about not getting work and "already ain't seeing the necessary prerequisite for a good year"

Thats why I like the kid

[quote author=NexusWashing link=topic=7545.msg101939#msg101939 date=1237040283]
    Let's not cry over spoiled teenagers :lol:
    [/quote]

Spoiled teenager? DJ works his sack off for everything he has.He can be a little over the top at times,but I know very few 20 yr old that have the drive he has.He runs 3 businesses and does all of that while attending college.
    With you having so few posts you might wanna shut your muther truckin pie hole.I wonder if I look back on all of those 100 or so post how many of them actually contribute something positive to this site.
    Scott Karvonen
    Karvonen's Pro Clean
    Sylvester,Ga
    229-776-7856/229-344-5596
    Pressure Washers Mafia
    www.georgiaproclean.com

Nexus has already stated that he was being facetious because he is also DJ's age.

[quote author=John Paul link=topic=7545.msg101963#msg101963 date=1237047548]
    Nexus has already stated that he was being facetious because he is also DJ's age.
    [/quote]

John ask me do I care if he's DJ's age or not.....OH,I DON'T.He didn't start off being facetious.

Who really freakin cares if DJ lives at home?At 20 the vast majority of us did.
    Hell some of the guys who post here are in their 40's and still live with mom and dad.

Scott Karvonen
    Karvonen's Pro Clean
    Sylvester,Ga
    Pressure Washers Mafia
    www.georgiaproclean.com

[quote author=Squirtgun link=topic=7545.msg101962#msg101962 date=1237046874]
    [quote author=NexusWashing link=topic=7545.msg101939#msg101939 date=1237040283]
    Let's not cry over spoiled teenagers :lol:
    [/quote]

Spoiled teenager? DJ works his sack off for everything he has.He can be a little over the top at times,but I know very few 20 yr old that have the drive he has.He runs 3 businesses and does all of that while attending college.
    With you having so few posts you might wanna shut your muther truckin pie hole.I wonder if I look back on all of those 100 or so post how many of them actually contribute something positive to this site.
    [/quote]

Nexus seems articulate intelligent on his first 100 posts.... look forward to reading 4000th post

Squirtgun - not sure if you're having a bad day and took my post the wrong way, but I explained that I was simply joking. Admittedly, it was at the expense of someone who is not here to defend themselves (if they chose to anyways, because I have a feeling he would have known I was kidding).

Looking back at the post, even though it was made entirely in jest, it wasn't appropriate and isn't helping anything. I also didn't know he was 20 until I read this thread; for some reason I was under the impression that he was quite a bit younger than that.

I didn't intend to incite anything with my post, but I can see if it might have come off that way - I offer my sincere apologies. As I mentioned earlier, I have a lot of respect for the guy's drive and no issues with his character (probably because, as I said, I have never even spoken with him except on this forum)...I just joke around a bit too much sometimes, it seems.

edit- oh boy, what have I started :thumbsdown: sorry folks
    Mike Whitmer
    828-244-9817

[quote author=plainpainter link=topic=7545.msg101956#msg101956 date=1237044963]
    I won't throw away this year with the bath water - but
    I don't have my hopes up - my focus is on '10 right now. Already I ain't seeing the necessary prerequisites for a good year.
    [/quote]

I was about to call you "Bear Market Dan" but that doesn't even come close!! Alright, my '09 resolution is to stop trying to change your attitude. I suppose there is nothing wrong with a negative attitude, as long as it doesn't affect others. So if you'll agree to get over your "handout mentality" in regards to govt intervention, I'll never pester you again about your attitude!! :thumbsup:

Yo DJ---never spoke with you before, but don't sweat this. "Any publicity is good publicity"......so brush it off.
    efiF, .M noJ
    moc.liamG@efiFMnoJ

Me have a bad day?Never!!!!!
    I'm this way all the time. >

DJ is a good kid(Yes, I can and will call him a kid,as well as,you)you might want to call him some time and find out.
    Scott Karvonen
    Karvonen's Pro Clean
    Sylvester,Ga
    Pressure Washers Mafia
    www.georgiaproclean.com

[quote author=Squirtgun link=topic=7545.msg101971#msg101971 date=1237052451]
    Me have a bad day?Never!!!!!
    I'm this way all the time. >

DJ is a good kid(Yes, I can and will call him a kid,as well as,you)you might want to call him some time and find out.

[/quote]

Call me anything except late for dinner buddy. :thumbsup: I had planned on calling DJ before he left the forum and still do at some point.
    Mike Whitmer
    828-244-9817

[quote author=Squirtgun link=topic=7545.msg101964#msg101964 date=1237049124]

John ask me do I care if he's DJ's age or not.....OH,I DON'T.He didn't start off being facetious.

Who really freakin cares if DJ lives at home?At 20 the vast majority of us did.
    Hell some of the guys who post here are in their 40's and still live with mom and dad.

[/quote]

No, I'm not going to ask you anything. Not ragging on anyone here(including you, DJ or Mike), not going to either. Have a nice weekend.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast