Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbies please read!!!

Blog Entries

Newbies please read!!!

A thank you goes out to Clear Shine for writing this for PT State...

First off, welcome to PT STATE! We are so glad you decided to join our forum here. Let me introduce you to a few people. First is Bob Williamson. THE MAN TO KNOW IF YOUR IN THE PRESSURE WASHING FIELD. He owns this board and is the reason we can enjoy PT STATE. He owns www.pressuretek.com (or click on the ‘Store’ tab ) and is the go to person for buying all of your equipment needs. Some of the other guys I want to introduce you are the fine people who post information day in and day out. I will let you take the time to introduce yourself and meet them later on. Whether you are new to the business, looking to get in, or been in it for 25 years. You can learn something here. With Bob’s permission, I have taken the time to help you “Newbies” out and get you caught up so you can jump in with both feet and join in the fun, but before you do, take time to read and do the information listed below.

1. Filling out your signature:

It is kind of an unwritten rule around here that if you are a newbie, you need to fill out you signature. What is a signature? It is the information at the bottom of every post that you make that gives your personal information about you.

Here is how you do it.
    Go to "profile" tab in the top left hand corner of this page, then go to the "forum profile info" on left then scroll to "signature". Then fill in the appropriate information such as your name, company name, location, website, etc. Most people like to know who they are talking to and you will usually get a better response by doing so.

2. Using the search button:

Being a newbie, I know you have a ton of questions. We all did. Here is how you get your answers. Use the search feature at the top right hand corner called the search button. Nothing grates on the members here than the new guy wanting everything handed to him on his first two posts. Here is the reason why. Most basic questions you might ask have been answered several times here. Most of us have had to “pay our dues” by reading and reading, and then reading some more and it has taken us months to digest all the info that is on here. You will find that PT State has a wealth of knowledge, if you will just look for it. Use it kind of a “catch you up to speed” button if you will. You will find most of the information you have questions about can be found by using the search function for the website. Most people here like for you to introduce yourself, get to know everyone a little. Post some before you dive in asking people how to do this or clean that. Chances are, it has been asked before.

How to use the search button
    OK this is where it is both tricky and complex but when you learn how to use it can be your best friend. The search button only searches the section that you are in. For example, if you are in the roof cleaning forum and you want to search for ladders, it will only search in the roof cleaning forum. Want to search a broader base? Go back to the main page that lists all the forums and do a search there. Want to search something that a member said in a past thread? Go to the ‘members’ tab on the top (up by profile and search) and find the member you want, click on his profile and then search his posts.

Also, pay attention to each thread and try to keep your posts related to the topic at hand. Example, try not to ask a roof cleaning question in a wood cleaning thread, etc. Most of all, I cannot stress enough, read, read, and read some more. While you are reading, introduce yourself and get to know people on the board. We would love to have you!

Re: NEWBIES PLEASE READ!!!

Hi - I like the forum. Filled out the Signature twice but can't get it to take. Got it to take. The photo was too big, so I Re-sized it and here we are.....

Al Gigliotti
    ANR Cleaning Services LLC
    Orange Park - Fl 32073
    904-710-1249
    Al Gigliotti
    ANR Cleaning Services LLC
    Orange Park - Fl 32073
    904-710-1249
    anrcleanteam.com
    pressurecleanjax.com

Blog Entries

Welcome Al!
    Bob Williamson
    Cleveland, OH

Hey I think I did every thing right. I am in so./east Va. I have been at it for three years but just got serious about it 8mo ago. Alex @ Industriel cleaning has been grate help. I wanna do it right and do it for a living. :thumbsup:
    Ian V.
    Big Splash Pressure Washing
    Smithfield Va.
    757-357-4744/757-268-6379

Clear Shine/Bob...thank you for the introduction and instructions on how to get started on this site. I am already addicted to this forum and my wife is already on me about how much I've been on it. LOL. I look forward to my continued research on this site and getting to know fellow pressure washers.

Sam Sheldon
    Aqua Cleaning Concepts
    Aqua Cleaning Concepts
    15534 W. Hardy Rd, #170
    Houston, TX 77060
    Sam Sheldon~Owner
    www.aquacleaningconcepts.com

Prestige Member

[quote author=samsheldon link=topic=7723.msg132258#msg132258 date=1264872776]
    Clear Shine/Bob...thank you for the introduction and instructions on how to get started on this site. I am already addicted to this forum and my wife is already on me about how much I've been on it. LOL. I look forward to my continued research on this site and getting to know fellow pressure washers.

Sam Sheldon
    Aqua Cleaning Concepts
    [/quote]

It only get worse, TRUST me. :yes: LOL... Welcome to PTS Sam!
    All Surface Pressure Cleaning Inc.
    Saint Petersburg Florida 33716
    Larry Millette 727-543-3276 727-543-3276
    www.aspc.us
    www.allsurfacepressurecleaning.com
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-olM...pSj0ZtHpl-jHDR http://www.merchantcircle.com/busine.....727-543-3276

Super Helper Member

You just have to learn to block your time. When/If you are on here too much, you are taking time away from your family. When I realized I was doing that (because it is easy to do) I started living by the rule "If I'm away from my family, I better be getting paid".

Valid point. Thanks.
    Aqua Cleaning Concepts
    15534 W. Hardy Rd, #170
    Houston, TX 77060
    Sam Sheldon~Owner
    www.aquacleaningconcepts.com

Squirt

Greets.

I reckon this is as good a place as any to post an introductory post, mostly to test my sig. Thanks for the instructions/advice Bob. I'm just getting started and found this site while searching for PW marketing advice. Will search/read as much as these ol' eyes can stand before pickin' brains on specifics. Glad to be here. From what I've seen so far, this is the place to be to learn the most in the shortest amount of time.

Take Care Y'all.
    Tom Seeks
    Sunbelt Pressure Washing
    Madison, AL - 35756
    256-508-1605

"We Put Pressure On Dirt!"

welcom I like your avatar.
    Ian V.
    Big Splash Pressure Washing
    Smithfield Va.
    757-357-4744/757-268-6379