Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A little help if you will

Super Helper Member

A little help if you will

Got a call from a log home builder. He wants me to strip,stain and seal this log house. I told him i have never done one and he said he it sounds like i know about wood care by talking to me and says he thinks i can do it. The guy wants to furnish all supplies and he has a contract with a company called Perma-Chink? Ever heard of them?He also will be supplying the lift needed for the job. Any how here are some pictures any advice at all, all be it pricing given the situation or application would be apperciated. I talk to Celeste via email and am suppose to call them shortly. But i would also like some suggestions from you guys if you don't mind. Also their is 3000 sq ft of total wood including both decks they will be replacing the lattice. Basically want to know how long you think it will take me and one more guy, given the drawn out application method of Perma-Chink

Jason

[attachment deleted by admin]
    Jason Quick
    Quick's Power Washing
    Bloomington,Indiana
    www.quickspowerwashing.co

Super Helper Member

Re: A little help if you will

Here is a few more,the guy is real cool he wants to teach me how to cob blast in a day or so. He say's he has plenty of work lined up and would like to use me.

[attachment deleted by admin]
    Jason Quick
    Quick's Power Washing
    Bloomington,Indiana

Super Helper Member

Feel free to pm me if you don't want to broadcast it.
    Jason Quick
    Quick's Power Washing
    Bloomington,Indiana

Prestige Member

$99 :lol:

Super Helper Member

[quote author=JC link=topic=7731.msg104043#msg104043 date=1238698356]
    $99 :lol:
    [/quote]

I was thinking the samething. Not :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jason Quick
    Quick's Power Washing
    Bloomington,Indiana

Prestige Member

I have no idea (I dont do that stuff) but I am surprised no one else has responded yet?

Super Helper Member

[quote author=JC link=topic=7731.msg104054#msg104054 date=1238704642]
    I have no idea (I don't do that stuff) but I am surprised no one else has responded yet?
    [/quote]

Ya me too! But i did talk to Roger from Carolina prowash and gave me the low down on it. This one is going to be a pita, but worth it $$$$ wise. Still looking for a few good response's though.
    Jason Quick
    Quick's Power Washing
    Bloomington,Indiana

1) You won't make NEAR as much $$ as you are probably thinking right now.

2) You are engaging in about the most litigous industry i've ever seen, and starting with a reasonably difficult job.

3) The project will take at least 3 times as long as you think it will. The labor diffuculty is much higher than any kind of pwashing work.

4) You'll cause a tremendous amount of collateral damage.....all you can really do is disclose.

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but anyone that has done this will agree that I'm giving you some reasonable warning. Good luck!
    efiF, .M noJ
    moc.liamG@efiFMnoJ

Prestige Member

[quote author=JFife link=topic=7731.msg104057#msg104057 date=1238706753]

2) You are engaging in about the most litigous industry i've ever seen, and starting with a reasonably difficult job.

3) The project will take at least 3 times as long as you think it will. The labor diffuculty is much higher than any kind of pwashing work.

4) You'll cause a tremendous amount of collateral damage.....all you can really do is disclose.

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but anyone that has done this will agree that I'm giving you some reasonable warning. Good luck!
    [/quote]

+1
    Carolina ProWash - Boss
    Chicken Wrangler
    Glass Artist Extraordinaire

Super Helper Member

[quote author=JFife link=topic=7731.msg104057#msg104057 date=1238706753]

[/quote]

Thank you for the warning. I am sure you are right but i have been wanting to learn how to do log homes for over a year now. i am willing to give it a shot sounds like a GREAT opportunity to learn a tedious process. :thumbsup: Besides i am not one to run from HARD work and the guy has more work for me. If it turns out to not be worth it business wise than i will stop. Thanks for the replies encouraging or discouraging all welcome.
    Jason Quick
    Quick's Power Washing
    Bloomington,Indiana

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast