Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cleaning Aluminum Bleachers

Re: Cleaning Aluminum Bleachers

[quote author=cmturner link=topic=8299.msg111247#msg111247 date=1244681714]
    Hey Larry I use Caustic Soda for grease and I use F-13 for gutters. Is F-13 a butyl based sodium Hydroxide? I thought that caustic soda beads was sodium hydroxide. I am guessing that I have been thinking wrong ey?
    I was wondering if a really strong on the F-13 "wild cherry" mix would cut it.

I just posted this one over here so maybe Bob can tell us a little about that F-13.hehe

[/quote]
    I would try just hot water... unless they have asked for them to be "brightened" cold water works well too.
    one thing to remember is most chems are corrosive so you have to be careful what to use.. I would stay away from caustic for sure!! I wash all 160,000 seats at Bristol Motor Speedway and 90% are aluminum
    Cleaner Image Mobile Pressure Washing
    Serving East Tennessee and SW Virginia
    http://www.cleanerimagepw.com
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTujg...eature=related

[quote author=Daniel H link=topic=8299.msg112366#msg112366 date=1245291000]
    [quote author=cmturner link=topic=8299.msg111247#msg111247 date=1244681714]
    Hey Larry I use Caustic Soda for grease and I use F-13 for gutters. Is F-13 a butyl based sodium Hydroxide? I thought that caustic soda beads was sodium hydroxide. I am guessing that I have been thinking wrong ey?
    I was wondering if a really strong on the F-13 "wild cherry" mix would cut it.

I just posted this one over here so maybe Bob can tell us a little about that F-13.hehe

[/quote]
    I would try just hot water... unless they have asked for them to be "brightened" cold water works well too.
    one thing to remember is most chems are corrosive so you have to be careful what to use.. I would stay away from caustic for sure!! I wash all 160,000 seats at Bristol Motor Speedway and 90% are aluminum
    [/quote]

just hot water effectivly cleans them? no soaps like roadshow from landa?
    Royal Blue, LLC
    Jared Sackowitz
    Matthews NC
    704-962-8111
    Jsackowitz@royalbluellc.com
    www.royalbluellc.com

Hot Water demo went great, my next question is how do you price these? Daniel how long does it take your guys to knock that kinda quantity down? Do you use a surface cleaner in the areas that it will fit? Thanks for any info.

Super Helper Member

Took us 2 days with 5 wands going to clean the home and visitor sides of a local high school. Very little was able to be cleaned using a surface cleaner so it nearly all was wanded using cold water. I knew it was going to take longer than anticipated but it still surprised me all said and done. Super simple project .... just A LOT of it!

Prestige Member

[quote author=TimberSeal link=topic=8299.msg181449#msg181449 date=1345070983]

Took us 2 days with 5 wands going to clean the home and visitor sides of a local high school. Very little was able to be cleaned using a surface cleaner so it nearly all was wanded using cold water. I knew it was going to take longer than anticipated but it still surprised me all said and done. Super simple project .... just A LOT of it!
    [/quote]

and 3 years to respond to this thread

Super Helper Member

Better late than never huh! :P

No, it just took him 3 years to clean them! :P :P
    Dave Lopuszynski
    Holly Springs, NC
    http://trianglepressurewashing.com
    919-931-2640

Raleigh, NC Pressure Washing

I cleaned baseball field bleachers for the past 4years. I used a little house wash and high pressure and wand it. For any grease use some heat. But the high pressure wand is the trick. Dont use any degreaser.
    My wand has a hi and low pressure so I see just how much pressure is working less is better. It has two nozzles one for soap low pressure and one for high pressure. Handle on the side so you can dail in what working. Is far the best wand to have.
    Integrity Pressure Cleaning Plus
    Palm Coast Florida

Super Helper Member

Cleaning Aluminum Bleachers

We did a high school stadium back in August. I'm with Greg... Simple project, but a lot of it.

We actually cleaned the seat tops and walkways with our classics and then cut in and rinsed with wands. If not for that the 2 of us wouldn't have been able to finish it in 2 days.

Completing a stadium now. Classic on flat areas, turbo underneath seats and heat for the gum. Collect check and move on.
    Jeremy Guillot
    Associated Facility Services - AFS
    Owner/Operator - Facility Consultant
    Hattiesburg, MS 39402
    www.afspinebelt.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast