Thread: hospital curbing

hospital curbing

Whats anybody charging for curbing. I picked up a monthly contract to do a 9000 sq ft loading dock at a local hospital. They now want all the other concrete done.

They have a ton of 1 1/2 ft wide rain gutter curbing throughout the parking lot and around plant areas. Average sq ft rate I would make crap for $$$ should and is it bid usually by linear ft and whats an average rate. Got to make it worth while

Yellow Pages got me this sweet little contract. this one contract pays for my YP for well over a couple years

Re: hospital curbing

$1.00 - $1.25 a linear ft seems about right
    Scott Karvonen
    Karvonen's Pro Clean
    Sylvester,Ga
    229-776-7856/229-344-5596
    Pressure Washers Mafia
    www.georgiaproclean.com

that sounds like a great job

Job just got better. I had the loading dock area every months now I added all the entrance areas every 2 months

Got all the sidewalks and curbing every inch of it and now they want the entire hospital done before construction. They are adding another floor to the top of the building, met with a few of the top people, they also want us to do a wash down during construction and be on call for other construction dirt & dust problems.

this is turning out to be a lot more than the original call

Funny thing is the Director told me when they hired me , his secretary told him that I've cleaned her house the past 3 years and was great. So the director said its all mine. COOLLLLLLLLLLL its a small world

YAY!!!!!

Prestige Member

When it rains, it pours huh? Way to go Jeff!!! Gotta love days like that.
    Jackson MS

Extreme Video Training
    www.extremevideotraining.com
    [url=http://www.extremevideotraining.com]Video Services in Jackson MS[/url

[quote author=Jason link=topic=894.msg10450#msg10450 date=1173832438]
    When it rains, it pours huh? Way to go Jeff!!! Gotta love days like that.
    [/quote]

Yup, I also got a call from one of my best PM's and he had 3 pool areas he wanted done and then said as soon as poolen is over he wants everything done that I quoted him on some properties. Its over $52,000 worth of new work !!!!!!!!!!!! Plus add some other properties I do for him later in the year. He's great

Not sure if this will help you or not...but i used to help a guy out at a hospital...we did all the wheel chairs in the ER once a month...the ER concrete, and once a month we did the kitchen...had drains so we used an electri washer and had 2 guys 2 squeegy it to the drains...that was once a mone...it took 2 hours we couldn't start til after 12 but it was $5200 a month......some things you may want to mention in the future...Also they had fleet cars, just a quick wash one a week...the had a set rate of15 per car but we always had work there....And they gave us passes for free meals too :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Good luck man...you got the IN so I think you are set now
    Elite Powerwashing
    Richmond Va. and surrounding areas
    cleaning of all surfaces
    Mike Acton-owner

[quote author=Squirtgun link=topic=894.msg9884#msg9884 date=1173283457]
    [/quote]

Bringing this thread back up. Scott, $1 to $1.25/lf seems high. How about a residential condo complex with 6200' of curbing and drivway aprons? I've seen $0.30/lf up to your $1.25/lf range. Any input, Scott? Others?

thanks!
    /neil
    My Curb Appeal Pressure Washing Services
    Neil Spencer
    Asheville, NC

[quote author=Neil_Asheville link=topic=894.msg33899#msg33899 date=1191883900]
    [quote author=Squirtgun link=topic=894.msg9884#msg9884 date=1173283457]
    [/quote]

Bringing this thread back up. Scott, $1 to $1.25/lf seems high. How about a residential condo complex with 6200' of curbing and drivway aprons? I've seen $0.30/lf up to your $1.25/lf range. Any input, Scott? Others?

thanks!
    /neil
    [/quote]

Neil I went back and checked my proposal and invoice. We charged a speck above $.47 cents (7400ft) a linear ft for this curbing. This curbing most of it was the flatter curbing and we did a lot of it with a surface cleaner. But it was spread out all over throughout a parking lot. It paid real well at that rate. Good luck

Jeff