Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High School Bleachers?

High School Bleachers?

Hey Guys,

I was asked to bid on cleaning some high school bleachers. The floor of the bleachers is painted metal (paint is about 14yrs old) . The seats are alum. The guy told me that the engineer recommended a cleaning solution from Shermin Williams (believe he said 15% Soduim Hydroxide was one of the chemicals in the cleaning solution). The engineer said that solution needed to be used so that the new paint would stick to the surface. There is a little mold and a lot of gum on the floor. Also on the underneath portion of the bleachers the paint is chaulky. My question is what would be the best chemical to clean and prep this metal? Maybe just regular 12.5% and soap, or should I use something like a F18 mixture, or the Shermin Williams stuff?
    RJ242
    Northeastern NC
    Full-time LEO / Part-time PWer
    WWW.randyjonespressurewashing.com

Prestige Member
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -
    Samuel Adams

Re: High School Bleachers?

[quote author=Philip93 link=topic=9016.msg120563#msg120563 date=1251757362]
    http://www.ptstate.com/index.php?act...arch=bleachers

[/quote]

I'm starting to understand your ways, Philip.
    Chuck Flagler
    PRO Pressure Wash
    Lakeland, FL 33803
    (863) 581-5517

Phylip,

Did you read my post or just assume it was like all the rest of bleacher questions? The main focus is on prepping painted metal for painting. I had alreay searched bleachers, but didn`t see anything asking that specific question.
    RJ242
    Northeastern NC

Prestige Member

Olive branch removed.
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -
    Samuel Adams

Fillip,

How about you show me the thread dealing with painted metal prep? I sure didn't see it.

You know this is stupid. I had a question and was looking for some insight. I didn't want any smart a** remarks. If you don't have anything serious to offer, don't say anything, and let the professionals answer the question.
    RJ242
    Northeastern NC

Prestige Member

[quote author=rj242 link=topic=9016.msg120632#msg120632 date=1251810266]
    If you don't have anything serious to offer, don't say anything, and let the professionals answer the question. [/quote]

I did offer serious advice, you just didn't like the advice I offered. You should note that out of a hundred or so posts yesterday, I was the only one that responded to your post. Perhaps I'm not the only one that thinks you need to do a little more research...

Be pissed at me if you like, but I'm actually trying to help you out. This is a community support group, not a training course you paid for. People are never going to answer your posts as long as you keep posing questions like these (below) that have been answered 30x already...

- What kind of pressure do you use for cleaning concrete?
    - Where do you get sodium hydroxide soap?
    - Will a 4000psi/5gpm machine throw a stream higher with the xjet than a 3500psi/5gpm machine?
    - I was just wondering what everybody used for motor and pump oil.

Philip

P.S. You're also not helping establish yourself as a serious, mature businessman by childishly misspelling my name...
    Samuel Adams

+100 (only done in light of a recent conversation)

if I was the newer guy looking to get that question answered and I saw the post on bleachers, I might be invclined to call the dude and ask him how it went and what his suggestions were since may he ran into more than he posted about.

but seems someone would rather get cocky, you know what they say about first impressions and all
    Geoff Adams
    Pro Care Commercial Cleaning
    St. Johns, FL
    procarecleaning@bellsouth.net

I would use the engineer request, use what they want, if not it may be your fault the paint comes off in a year and they want you to pay for repainting
    C & S Prssure WashingLLC
    Goldsboro NC
    919-921-1740

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast