Thread: Do You Wear A Respirator?

Do You Wear A Respirator?

There was a post about breathing in the SH and I was wondering how many of you DO wear a respirator on the job?

James is thinking about wearing one because he is sick of breathing all that stuff in and smelling it for the rest of the day. I'm also thinking our other guy may need some goggles because his eyes are so swollen and puffy at the end of the day (maybe he is just more sensitive to the SH?). My only gripe is that on the days he washes he snores like a chainsaw all night.

I just wonder what a homeowners thoughts would be; you tell them the chemicals are completely safe and then show up looking like your armed for chemical warfare

James Boscarelli, Owner
    H2O Mobile Pressure Washing, Inc.
    Cleveland, Ohio
    216-548-6564

http://www.h2ompw.com

Re: Do You Wear A Respirator?

I do, I wear safety gear from head to toe. Respirators don't cost much, and you know it's doing good when you take it off in the middle of spraying and you just about hack up a lung b/c the SH is so strong.
    JVT
    John
    Spooner, WI
    715-635-5321
    ('\_/') ('\_/')
    (=';'=) (=';'=)
    (''')_(''') (..)_(..)

[quote author=H2O_mobile link=topic=9267.msg124193#msg124193 date=1255182089]
    There was a post about breathing in the SH and I was wondering how many of you DO wear a respirator on the job?

I just wonder what a homeowners thoughts would be; you tell them the chemicals are completely safe and then show up looking like your armed for chemical warfare [/quote]

A part of our sales presentation is that first we will do no harm. The safety and protection of their property is our primary concern. When they see us using personal safety protection, it is simply an extension of the care that we provide.

I don't wear a respirator unless I'm spraying a roof, but my helper (son) is required to have respirator and safety glasses even for a house wash/gutter scrub.

As we finished up a house wash yesterday, I rang the door bell to collect and the sweet elderly lady asked if she could take a look at the job. Several minutes later she rolled out the door sporting a walker with wheels and a dust mask. She loved the work, took off the mask and wrote the check.

PPE is contagious!

Hagerstown Pressure Washing contractors
    Full Color Contractor Yard Signs

Tim Fields
    Complete Power Wash
    sign2day.com
    Hagerstown, MD

i use resperators on every roof job and screen room i do. the days i forget it at home are long painfull days that stuff will burn you eyes lung and everything else
    Billy Jensen
    Home 2 Office cleaning and restoring new port richey fl 34652 727-243-4305

Prestige Member

[quote author=H2O_mobile link=topic=9267.msg124193#msg124193 date=1255182089]
    I just wonder what a homeowners thoughts would be; you tell them the chemicals are completely safe and then show up looking like your armed for chemical warfare [/quote]

Explain to them the difference between a single cursory exposure, and repeated, heavy, daily exposure.
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -
    Samuel Adams

I don't remember who, when or which BBS it was, but someone was letting everyone know they better be wearing their personal protection.
    He mentioned that after years of not wearing a respirator he now had had to do daily treatments to help his breathing.

Stay safe and hydrated,
    Chuck
    Chuck Prieur
    Cleaner Times Magazine
    800-525-7038
    chuckp@adpub.com
    www.cleanertimes.com

I wear a respirator on every job. I pull it over my face while shooting soap every time. I pull it down and let it hang loose as I rinse. It may not be the most comfortable thing in the world but but much more comfortable than constantly gasping for oxygen on down the road.

SH exposure will eat your lungs up over time.
    Richard Crocker
    www.UltraClearWindowCleaning.com
    Greenwood, SC

Question is who isn't...better yet who lets employees not wear Respirators? To let a employee work with SH without making them wear one is inviting a law suit. Just think about this employee pass out from the fumes on top of a two story and falls and dies.

Ex employee gets lung cancer or some other lung sickness later in life. Wonder if the ambulance chasing lawyer doesn't come after the company that sent him up on roofs with out using a respirator.